Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
From what I've seen, they're pretty powerful. I watched a video recently (cant locate it now) where someone used a spring driven chisel that looked just like that nailset to remove pop rivets.

·
Hack
3,013 Posts
Got two sets of 'em.
Paid full price for one and got the other set on clearance for $18.
I like 'em.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
It was too painful to watch someone with that hammer for me to continue watching the video. Best nailsets I use are the ones I make from punches.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,491 Posts
I have the tiny one. It has a 1/32" point and a 1/16" (I think). I use the small one when the 23ga nails don't sink.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
ive bought two ... they dont last nearly as long as they should.. the tips snap off after a short time.. id rather by a 3 pack of stanleys for $11 than pay $12.50 for one of those

·
Registered
610 Posts
I agree they're great. Mine has also chipped though. Then was lost shortly after.

I've got one of these now for the same price. Best part is it doesn't slide out of my pouch like every other set

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I just whack the molding with my waffle faced 32.... isn't that the painters job??????:clap::clap:

·
Registered
193 Posts
mgb said:
I agree they're great. Mine has also chipped though. Then was lost shortly after. I've got one of these now for the same price. Best part is it doesn't slide out of my pouch like every other set
I love that thing

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So it sounds like I need to get me one...:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts