Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Do they make left handed tape measures? Never really thought about it since I'm right handed but that would be a good idea if they didn't. I've also done the plastic cup nail pouch in a pinch. It works. Haha beats climbing down a ladder every couple nails or trying to hold fifty in your mouth haha

·
The Dude
Untangler of blue spaghetti
3,343 Posts
Do they make left handed tape measures? Never really thought about it since I'm right handed but that would be a good idea if they didn't. I've also done the plastic cup nail pouch in a pinch. It works. Haha beats climbing down a ladder every couple nails or trying to hold fifty in your mouth haha
LOL! I use the tape with either hand, but I keep it stored in my nail bag on my left side. Saw, pencil, or hammer in right hand means nails, square, and tape go on the left ...

My electrical bag however goes on the right. Left hand for holding stuff, right hand to operate screwdrivers, pliers, and tester.

Just seems faster to switch hands or put stuff down as little as possible.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm left handed. I use my right hand to hold the tape and my left to mark the board.
I haven't used the water bottle nail pouch, but I have used cut off oil bottles in a pouch pocket if I'm changing up screws/nails a lot.

·
The Dude
Untangler of blue spaghetti
3,343 Posts
I'm left handed. I use my right hand to hold the tape and my left to mark the board.
I haven't used the water bottle nail pouch, but I have used cut off oil bottles in a pouch pocket if I'm changing up screws/nails a lot.
I'd assume then that you keep your bags on the opposite side from me then :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts