Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else ever been in this Union?
They had a Chapter here in Pensacola back around 1995, Chapter 737.
The guy running this chapter evidently ran off with our cash and this chapter folded after the only real job they had in town at NAS.
If anybody is in the Union and might couldhelp me with the monies I paid in over 3 years can email or respond here. I paid money into a 401k, but when I tried to chase it around a few years ago, the Mobile Chapter said I never was a member. Even though I still have all my paper work and dues book, they say I never was a member?

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly! lol
I made real good money thru the Union, but they sure held me up for alot too! Along with the 401k and the other little bills they charged us!
Patrions? Painting from up north some where was the company I worked for the most. I got great experience spraying different coatings, anybody ever hear of this company?

·
Registered
27 Posts
MarvinJr said:
Exactly! lol
I made real good money thru the Union, but they sure held me up for alot too! Along with the 401k and the other little bills they charged us!
Patrions? Painting from up north some where was the company I worked for the most. I got great experience spraying different coatings, anybody ever hear of this company?
Marvin,
Sorry but I didnt see the company name mentioned. I knew of only union shops in the Akron/ Cleveland / Canton / Youngstown areas . While serving in the union I only installed wall-coverings. Thank god. Installing Fabrics and Vinyls all day was better than spraying dryfall in a warehouse in the flats.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try sprayin dryfall round here! 100 Degrees and wrapped up sprayin all day. We would spray for 2 hours and break for 30 mins. 4 times, takin an hour for lunch. It was terrible!

I helped paint 3 Home Depots, and 3 Lowes. I loved those jobs, I even kinda miss sprayin those ceilings!

·
Registered
27 Posts
MarvinJr said:
Try sprayin dryfall round here! 100 Degrees and wrapped up sprayin all day. We would spray for 2 hours and break for 30 mins. 4 times, takin an hour for lunch. It was terrible!

I helped paint 3 Home Depots, and 3 Lowes. I loved those jobs, I even kinda miss sprayin those ceilings!
Marvin,
We have many times. we are located near Orlando Florida...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
MarvinJr said:
Anybody else ever been in this Union?
They had a Chapter here in Pensacola back around 1995, Chapter 737.
The guy running this chapter evidently ran off with our cash and this chapter folded after the only real job they had in town at NAS.
If anybody is in the Union and might couldhelp me with the monies I paid in over 3 years can email or respond here. I paid money into a 401k, but when I tried to chase it around a few years ago, the Mobile Chapter said I never was a member. Even though I still have all my paper work and dues book, they say I never was a member?
Hey Marvin You might call another chapter, hold on to your paper work, Call Dist/council35 Roslindale,Massachussetts, Im 5yr vested I know what your going through. They can help you find another chapter in your are or you can call 411 ask for a rep, hope you have inuitys if not, your dues dont count. Good Luck.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called the Mobile AL chapter and they said I never existed! No record of me, which seemed very odd. But would let me by another book and start new!

No way was I doing that, because all their work was at least 2 hours from me.

I heard that the guy running our chapter here stole a ton of money and ran, didn't keep any records and just disappeared!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts