Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, we are new to ContractTalk and would like some advice from the community. Covalt is a floor leveling company in Southern California and we are interested in getting more work from the insurance industry. Over the years we have had some projects through insurance claims adjusters and have found these projects profitable.

They seem to be a tight group of people who can be difficult to find when it comes time to market to them, so any advice on how to sucessfuly navigate the restoration market through insurance type people would be most appreciated!

Thanks, Covalt........

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have done some in the past and what I can tell you two things.
  1. First, it seems you have to get in the groove and build relationships in this department. Once your "in" then it's easier.
  2. Second, and this helps to get in, is you have to be well organized and professional. I'm not saying your not....I'm just saying. Insurance companies are a bunch of pencil pushing pencilnecks, and many times these types of people require much in the department of being well organized.
I don't know much about what you line of work requires but building relationships should take center stage for you. Insurance work for me is the smallest percentage of anything in my business so I'm not the best source but this is what I noticed over the course of time I guess.

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is a good company to get insurance work from. http://www.servicemasterclean.com/

Insurance work can pay really good money "if" you find the right middle-man
"contractor" to work for.

I once had a contractor that would say to me; "I don't care how much it costs, I need these cabinets fixed right away!"

The way they made their money off me was by getting the insurance company to pay for an entire kitchen and then hire me to fix the old cabinets. This put a few large checks in their pockets through the years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.