Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I got a call to do a walk through with a client and give a bid but they said in the voicemail he left me that he had got my info from his insurance Adjuster or his insurance adjuster had recommended me but I have never worked for any insurance companies nor do I know any insurance adjusters so my question is, is this normal? Have any of you guys had an insurance adjuster just randomly recommend you for a job? The only thing I can think of was he literally just look up local Contractors or something and picked one??? Definitely plan on asking the client who his adjuster is. I guess I will be doing (possibly) some insurance jobs in the future. My general knowledge of Insurance jobs is that they dont pay well Wich is why I've never tried to get any insurance jobs but we will see what they say when they get my bid..... I got a feeling they're going to say it's too much.....

·
Registered
596 Posts
Insurance jobs pay well, but you have to exactly define the scope up front, and you typically have to submit your proposal on their software. You will have to justify everything, and be prepared for the adjuster to initially come up with a low scope and low dollar amount.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Definitely find out who the adjuster was or how they came to refer you. Could be an old client you didnt even know was or became an adjuster. If thats the case you dont wanna pass on the oppurtunity. Insurance jobs can pay very well and a good relationship with the adjusters goes a long way there. Granted they are a total PITA with the paperwork, payement holds/delays , and having to give all your bids itemized through Xactimate (the software the insurance companies use) but once you know how it works there is a ton of work to be had and $ to be made. I would love to have a direct relationship with an adjuster. Its like running a body shop and having a car insurance claim rep refering clients to your shop.

Ive been doing the majority of my work since getting licensed subbing for companies that only deal with insurance jobs. They take a cut and handle all the paperwork but i do well for myself. If your capable of handling multiple trades for reno work, Its constant, recession proof work. Scopes are fairly predetermined to start and you can upsell with the HOs past what insurance covers. Once you learn how to properly add to the adjusters estimates with Xactimate the jobs can be very lucrative. Insurance may not sign off immediately on estimates and supplements, may take a bit longer to get things processed but their checks dont bounce!

Keep us posted, and if you need help with Xactimate lemme know. You can get a 30 day free trial to pump out a couple bids but the secret is knowing the extra line items and what the adjusters will/wont accept.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts