Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

insulation contractors

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MeatBallDryWall 
#1 ·
I just started another job and had to spend way too much time prepping the job because the insulators are idiots. They foam all the doors, windows, hairline gaps between double studs and anything that amuses them. I have tried my best to explain to them that their insulation can not be bey ond the framing. Any ideas on how to deal with these amigos? :censored: Apparently my suggestions are too logical . I take at least one hour on every house just to fix their amateur work . Please help before I REALLY lose my temper.:furious:

#3 ·
Go smack the GC first with 2 change orders in your hand for the house not being ready - The first one he can pay you to finish their job & back charge them - Second one is for your wasted time & a 2nd mobilization charge while you wait for him to call them back to finish the job

FYI - insulations should be in all the areas you listed, but not on the studs, windows, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.