Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a odd question.Maybe some of you guys with insulation experience can answer this.I live in RI and winters coming.I have a 8x20 shipping container that i rent.I do not have ity insulated in any way.Inside i have a deep kitchen cabinet like a pantry cabinet.I want to insulate the cabinet to keep my glue,caulk,latex/oil based paints,and other freezable items from freezing.I was thinking the blue foam board but it is kinda thick.What would you recommend to insulate this cabinet.Keep in mind i would like it thin as possible?

Ty,Rob

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
Some of he painters on here actually use freezers (unplugged), ice chests, etc.. & add in a light bulb like maninthesea mentions.
As for insulation - you can always go with foam board to, just seal it up good & play around with which side bulb you need so you don't overheat everything also or go with a thermostat - to high to turn off, etc...

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
That reminds me to make a freeze proof chest for myself this fall.

I don't see how a cabinet could be really sealed up and insulated. I'm planning on using 2" foam and gasket to make the box and then a aquarium heater in a milk jug full of water for a heat source. The heater has a thermostat and is far less likely to ignite fumes than a light bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts