Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can several people email me on a letter head that it is okay to stretch a corner post for a bay window since a 22.5 angled one is not available. The home owner says i cannot do it i do all the time though and they are holding $3781.80 on me untill i solve the problem. Best part is they added the bay window after i started the job and didn't tell me when i was waiting for them to add trim to their windows and replace a window thanks to all that help Email [email protected]

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
pictures of said beauty or you're filthy liar from NJ:furious::w00t::laughing:
Id have to say the latter of the two, and add that whats EVEN BETTER is to just but two J's together with just enough of a gap to see one letter of the word tyvek

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Id have to say the latter of the two, and add that whats EVEN BETTER is to just but two J's together with just enough of a gap to see one letter of the word tyvek
:laughing::laughing::clap:

·
Registered
96 Posts
You could get a regular corner and flatten it some and then tell the customer you ordered it special:whistling
seriously tho they won't be able to find it installed on any other house different.:no:
You could give them the ph # of your supplier and tell them to ask them too.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
Throw some white duck tape on er and call er done! :w00t:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I make my J out of aluminum then snap the cover on it. Reason being I can make the J profile narrower than the regular 5/8 vinyl J channel so everything fits up under the apron on the bay window all neat and snug.
But tell your homeowner you can flatten out a corner post like Oldfrt said. I've probably done hundreds. It's a good idea to chaulk a line or use a 4 foot level to put them up unless you've done a lot of them and have a good eye.
Holding out 5 K for a couple corner posts makes me wonder---

·
Registered
6 Posts
bay corners

;)
Can several people email me on a letter head that it is okay to stretch a corner post for a bay window since a 22.5 angled one is not available. The home owner says i cannot do it i do all the time though and they are holding $3781.80 on me untill i solve the problem. Best part is they added the bay window after i started the job and didn't tell me when i was waiting for them to add trim to their windows and replace a window thanks to all that help Email [email protected]

mastic vinyl products makes bay corners, only in white though. if not make them out of pvc trim boards
;)

·
Contractor
4,769 Posts
sounds like the project is already done...but you could always use a heat gun to soften the vinyl to get rid of the memory effect if it's an issue.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
;)

mastic vinyl products makes bay corners, only in white though. if not make them out of pvc trim boards
;)
Actually, Mastic has 5 colors and Certainteed has 32 colors

1 - 20 of 21 Posts