Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my friend just purchased a Venstar tstat model T1050. his old tstat was a honeywell T87f 2873. He also has a trol-a-temp mini-zone 2 damper controler. The old tstat has the r,h,g,y,o,b. the new tstat has r,g,y1,w2,bow1,y2 and c. I know that the wires land red to r, green to g, yellow to y1. Now the other colors i am not too sure of since i think this tstat is not compatible with his application. the furance is a lennox g26 series. let me know any other questions to help clear things up. thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know about a Venstar Thermostat. I stick to the known name brands, Honeywell, White-Rogers & Carrier. The others are attractive in price, but the headaches & lack of tech support is unacceptable for my clients.

A Honeywell T-87 should be an easy change. The Tstats sold at big box stores, drug stores & the local hardware stores are usually junk no matter what name brand is on them. Obviously professionals don't buy there, I hope. Go to an HVAC supply, tell them what you have & want to do then buy it. At least you have a more competent staff to deal with. You could do the same by calling a competent HVAC tech to check & service the equipment to make sure all works as want it to. then you have a labor & parts warranty to keep you comfortable.

·
Carbon Dioxide Producer
782 Posts
I don’t think that Venstar T-stat is compatible.
I believe the problem is that the Trol-a-Temp damper controller requires the manual changeover subbase with O and B terminals for the [Master] Zone-1 thermostat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I am thinking the same with DuMass about the stat not being compatible. I will ask my supply house what they have that is a programable and able to lock it out since my friends step kids keep messing with the temp. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts