Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why dont we all band together and call the INS every time we see one, and keep calling everyday intill something is done. We should give the INS phone # to all our friends, family, and coworkers. If all we do is talk with no action whats ever going to be done, we could even put the INS # on our truck. If just a few get deported and heavy fines imposed on the employer, everyone will fire the illegalls, and we may be able to get a decent wage for our work in OUR COUNTRY. What do you say guys ?

Here you can find the # to the INS enforcement activities in your area, come on guys dont be scared !!!!!!

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/index.htm

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
That's a good thought, but I'm not sure it would work. In an attempt to not single out people from a particular country or area, I'll say foreigners.

Foreigners who are here legally look exactly like the ones that are here illegally, so the idea of just "driving by" and noticing an illegal worker isn't very plausable. I guess you could call when you see ANY foreign worker, but when the harassment lawsuits start coming into the INS agency handling your calls, you will be less than popular in that office.

That said, I DO agree with the theory behind what you're saying and I DO agree even more that (not all, but) most illegal workers take less than fair wages for what they do, and hence drive down what the boss has to charge, hence driving down what WE can charge to compete with them. I also agree that something needs to be done, but not a call to INS every time you see someone foreign working on a roof (or whatever they may be working on). If you KNOW, for a FACT that someone is illegal, then I'm all for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts