Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mike they do not work.You get about Half use out of them before they dry out.It is easier and cheaper to just throw the printer out and get a new one when it runs out of ink. I swear when these cartriges run out I will get a Laser Black and white I don't need color.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Mike they do not work.You get about Half use out of them before they dry out.It is easier and cheaper to just throw the printer out and get a new one when it runs out of ink. I swear when these cartriges run out I will get a Laser Black and white I don't need color.
New printers come with "starter" cartridges which are only half full.

Also in Ontario we pay $175 Electronics Disposal government fee for purchase of new floor standing printers.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would recommend a lazer printer. I got one a black and white canon two years ago and Ive used three cartridges for about 6000 sheets. The cartridges only cost $65 and they never dry out.

Its really the only economical way to print business documents. plus if i ever need something printed in color i send it to my ups store and pick it up when i get my mail.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have not used that particular company, but I have purchased replacement toner from Cartridge World with good success.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Notice I said Toner because I have a brand new color laser that I paid 600 bucks for. It came with a starter cartridge I'm not about to through it out. I'm just checking my options for when it does run out.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
26,179 Posts
There's a company near me called KSI industries that re-furbish toner cartridges. They do a big business and pick up and deliver. It's a worthy cause as it's all from people with learning disabilities.

After Googling, I saw an article that may lead you in the right direction for a company in your neck of the woods.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/aug/10/business/fi-64320

Reactions: Calidecks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Notice I said Toner because I have a brand new color laser that I paid 600 bucks for. It came with a starter cartridge I'm not about to through it out. I'm just checking my options for when it does run out.
My mistake is that what they call them in laser printers.I am about to get one. Doing my home work now.I had enough with Ink jet.

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
If you want to get a little adventurous, you may want to look into a toner refill kit. For about $40 they give you a soldering iron with a 1/2" copper pipe cap attached to the end of it to burn a hole in your existing cartridge, a plastic thimble to plug the hole, and a half-pound of toner.

It's enough to refill your cartridge about 4 times and then replacement toner is about $10 a bottle including shipping. The only downside to that is after so many hundreds of prints the printer will require you to replace the fuser roller which costs almost as much as a new printer.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
26,179 Posts
If you want to get a little adventurous, you may want to look into a toner refill kit. For about $40 they give you a soldering iron with a 1/2" copper pipe cap attached to the end of it to burn a hole in your existing cartridge, a plastic thimble to plug the hole, and a half-pound of toner.

It's enough to refill your cartridge about 4 times and then replacement toner is about $10 a bottle including shipping. The only downside to that is after so many hundreds of prints the printer will require you to replace the fuser roller which costs almost as much as a new printer.
Make sure you have a little something for the nerves after that little adventure...:laughing:

Reactions: Calidecks
1 - 13 of 13 Posts