Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Daniel Rochford
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Silent Paint Remover (infrared paint removal)? Specifically, has anyone tried in on interior paint? Old interior paint always seems stickier and more stubborn to remove. I have two old houses I am restoring (1821 and 1876) and am looking for a substitute for heat guns and strippers!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had some painters who had to use it on the exterior of a historic home because we couldn't use heat guns or strippers on it. They hated it and b*tched like lil girls the whole time. They said it took 3 times longer than a heat gun and if I remember correctly he said it cost him $1,500.

Edited: I'm not sure if it was the brand you mentioned so I don't want to throw them all under the bus. I do know that it was an infrared paint remover.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone tried the Silent Paint Remover (infrared paint removal)? Specifically, has anyone tried in on interior paint? Old interior paint always seems stickier and more stubborn to remove. I have two old houses I am restoring (1821 and 1876) and am looking for a substitute for heat guns and strippers!
exterior paint is generally a fair bit more elastic. i cannot imagine stripping an entire house with any kind of heat gun. no thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts