Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infra red roof scans for the midwest market

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am considering the idea of offering infra red roof scans to fellow roofers for partial midwest (Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana) area. Would this service be of interest to anyone?

Feel free to private message or call me at 847-729-3496 or 847-207-0991

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would the IR scan give you - that might be beneficial?

Is there a reason why your only concentrating on the roofs, or are you also going to do whole house scans?

Good Luck on your new endeavor
Low slope roofers know what the IR scan is for. It will tell you areas of leakage and or trapped moisture and or areas of damaged insulation on the roof. A requiement for a warranted roof restoration or recovery would first start with repair and removal of any wet areas.

Why am I concentrating on roofing? Because I am a roofer. Many very large roofing contractors have their own cameras, the rest of us who would only need the camera a couple times a year aren't going to go out and spend the $5,000-$10,000 or more to buy a thermal camera. Therefore I am seeing what kind of market interest there may be before I make the investment. If I can find enough serious interest with my fellow rofers, where it's worth it for me to invest in the camera, I most definetly will.

Is there any chance of me doing whole house scans? Never say never, but I doubt it. Then again, if the money's right I'll do almost anything.

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
Thanks - I have heard of the water damage detection inside, but not involving a roof

As you stated, how many people are going to 5 to 10k for a FLIR camera? I would seriously consider offering a roofing specific service, an energy efficient scan, Insurance flood / interior water leak, etc... Just my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts