Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT DO YOU NEED?

What information/tools/skills would you need in order to better Manage, Organize and Control your jobs/clients/employees?

WHY?

I am a Professor/Architect/PMP and for the past few years I have assisted companies better manage their day to day businesses needs as well as instruct students in the PM field as well as Arch/Eng and skilled trades.

I am in the process of creating a Project Management Course geared directly towards General/Sub-Contractors. Currently we group this information in a course designed for Architects/Engineers and GC's, but feel that a Contractors needs vary drastically from the others.

TYPES OF INFORMATION

I am looking for your experiences in relation to this industry. Anything & Everything that you've come accross in your day to day businesses that you've had problems with (communicaiton needs/budgets & estimating/risk); business needs (pre-made templates/organization techniques/invoicing/contracts) as well as issues you may face on the job site (time/scope/monitoring & controlling/ lessons you've learned).

My hope is to teach contractors how to tackle any/all issues they face in the office AND on the job site. To allow for techniques that you can EASILY/QUICKLY implement to see results immediately.

TYPES OF INFO ALREADY RECEIVED

• Not good on computers - need easier ways to keep track of jobs (on-going and up coming)
  • Keeping track of time/money spent
  • Preparing for risks BEFORE they occur
  • Keeping track of invoicing/P.O's
  • Communicating with PM's and other subs on the job
  • Information required in status updates
  • Not making the same mistakes twice
  • Sub's not showing up/finishing on time (what to do?)
  • Contract negotations
These are just a few quotes from feedback I've been given. ANYTHING you could possible add/elaborate on would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Tina

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.