Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

inexpensive trailer

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  TimNJ 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Speaking of trailers. Anybody got a deal on a 6x10 or 6x12 dump? I want a low profile in between fenders style. 5200 or 6000# axles. Dont want to have more than 2-2.5k in it total after I have to fix any rapairs needed. Preferably in the southeast cuz im including delivery or my own time/gas to get it home in the above figure. Yes I know im cheap but ive been searching craigs list and local shoppers and have found a few but the're gone before I can get to em. Thanks

#7 ·
Sorry to hijack the thread but i will respond to the dump trailer inquery. A little advice after buying my 6X10 dump is to check and see how the gate opens when it dumps and how close the tail of the bed is to the ground. The gate on my trailer hits the ground before it opens all the way when dumping so i am better off removing the gate. The rear of the bed also hits the ground when dumping too.

#10 ·
I just got back from my vacation in GA a few days ago. One of the reasons I went to GA was to also get a cargo trailer while I was there. TransHaul 6x12 tandem axle, 7' interior height, side door and rear double doors also extra height, flip up jack, 3/4" floor, 3/8" walls, 16"oc floor and walls framing, 4" drop axles white spoke wheels, silver color, $2627 couldn't get those specs up here in NJ for less than $4300.
Worked out of it for the first time today, loved it. Still have to set it up properly though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.