Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now deciding what type of wall material to install in a recently completed indoor pool. The pool is an 8x15' endless pool with a cover that keeps almost all the humidity out. There is also a major dehumdification system installed. There is duro rock and tile 4' up. Above that the some of the walls may see repetitive splashing. We are thinking of using dense shield with a hot mud skim coat or possibly fiber rock. Any ideas? Will these solutions work?

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
747 said:
car siding
Ask Mike Finley or Bergenbldr They will have a excellent i deal. I also like mine You say tile 4 feet up you could just run some car siding above that. Tongue and grove pine. Well thats what its called in northern Illinois don't no what called in other areas. I think car siding is tongue and grove pine. Most indoor pools i have seen are tile with wood above. :Thumbs:

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
I was at a home today to start on the finish wiring. The home has a pool in the basement. They used plastic wall liner (like is often used in commercial kitchens and public restrooms) from floor to celing. Wasn't the most attractive thing I ever saw, but it will keep the water out for sure. I can't see spending the dough on an indoor pool and putting something on the wall so cheesy.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Thats my point exactly. All the indoor pools i have seen have nice tile with wood above. Really looks sharp.

·
Housewright & Woodwright
106 Posts
I had a similar type of job I did 3 years ago. I used 1/4" thick beaded, shiplap Teak to finish the walls above the 5' high marble side walls.

Teak is beautiful wood and looked beautiful above the sand colored marble. And Teak is a no muss, no fuss, wood. It doesn't need any type of a finish. Just a light buffing every once-in-awhile!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I will be doing something similar with a hot tub room in my basement in the next couple months, I was considering cedar to do out the room, but pine carsiding is cool eh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts