Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I use Lamperts when working on our hunting cabin "up North" I just talked to my full service yard salesman and he seemed to think if Lamperts could get it, he should be able to. Thanks t-Brown ;)

fwiw Mike an Union Grove Lumber said he had some samples a few years ago of what he thinks may have been this product, and for what ever reason, it didn't sell well here (at all) I know the reason, The people around here are CHEAP for the most part lmao

I have him also getting me some samples of PVC decking once we get some samples we will move down the decision path ;) thanks ALL!

·
Artist and not a curator
16,796 Posts
It sounds like a looks vs weight kind of thing. I'd say if you go wood for $8 a sq ft you can certainly get a better looking product than cooked wood. I don't even know why I'm posting this cause everybody uses what they can sell not what I prefer.

My position is inside I don't want plastic anything, and I want it to look as close to flooring as possible, I.e. Exotics that are durable enough to handle chemicals and dropped items... Look at these 4 types of wood tiger wood, massaranduba, Ipe, and Garapa. You could also look at things like sipo to merbau, eucalyptus to redwood. The world's a big place and mother nature has the prettiest building products.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.