·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/lab/1450842462.html

ROOFER NEEDED (9125 E 34TH ST)

Date: 2009-11-04, 8:59AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

SINGLE FAMILY HOME WANTS A NEW ROOF OFF POST RD & 34TH ST ,,,, A VERY SIMPLE ROOF ,,, I WILL BUY THE MATERIALS, AT LOWES JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROMTHE HOME U WILL NEED TO PICK IT UP FROM THERE AND TEAR OFF THE EXISTING OLD ROOF AND INSTALL THE NEW SINGLES PER CODE, I WILL PULL PERMIT AND I WILLPAY AFTER IT PASSES INSPECTION.... TIMES ARE TOUGH RITE NOW SO PLEASE BID TO GET THE JOB, THAT IS WHY I AM ON CRAIGS LIST,, AND NOT LOOKING FOR A ROOFER FROM THE NEWSPAPER OR YELLOW PAGES,,, I NEED THIS ROOF DONE ASAP BEFORE SAT 2PM... EMAIL THE AMOUNT OF SQUARES U MEASURED AND ALL U PLAN ON DOING ANDYOUR BEST BID PER SQUARE BE INSURED AS WELL

THANK U

• Compensation: PER BID

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:laughing:

What a Joke!

Are they kidding, Seriously?

Want Quality.
Want it to Pass Inspection.
Want it as Cheap as possible.
Want it done according to Their schedule.
Want to Babysit you, at the register at Lowes.

Thats a lot of things to want!

Its kinda like looking for love in all the Wrong Places.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
It's everywhere, including scum bag wannabe contractors who have jobs lined up and no one to do them for them. They want you to take over the entire job for $12/hour. It's so sickening the way this business has become so white collar and commercialized. I can't believe HO's still fall for a salesman.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would die laughing if some guy got the job, met the H.O. at Lowes to pick up materials, and then as he's following the H.O. back to the house, he suddenly turned the other way and never returned to the home. That's when this guy would get exactly what he deserves.

Disclaimer: I absolutely would never do this to anyone for any reason and never advocate stealing from anyone. I'm just saying that I can see an ad like this turning out that way. Any homeowner lurkers out there....You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
LOl For a second I thought that was YOUR post, I was about to start ripping it apart... good thing I kept reading.

We should all email guys like this pricing like $42,000.00

LOL Times are hard so price the job to get it. LOL... I don't know about you guys but at this time of year for us here in Chicago a professional roofer can turn down work.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
It's everywhere, including scum bag wannabe contractors who have jobs lined up and no one to do them for them... ...It's so sickening the way this business has become so white collar and commercialized. I can't believe HO's still fall for a salesman.
Nothing wrong with a salesman provided that he is not lying or cheating and is accurately representing the products and services that he is promoting. A professional salesman that knows what he is selling and sells in a consultive, not manipulative, manner is a fine addition to any legitimate company. The fact that this is a business means there should be some element of white collar to it, after all it IS a business.

However if you get a handy man selling it all or a con-artist who doesn't take no for an answer out there, they are no good for the industry. The fact that someone hangs up their tool belt doesn't make their career path invalid. I'm clumsy and got tired (real quick) of mashing my thumbs.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I just have a problem with "salesmen" who bid jobs and hire it out for the cheapest price possible and call it quality.

IMO, don't bid jobs that you can't get done.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder how many different sq. counts the guy has gotten?

:laughing:

Things that make you go, Hmmm. :w00t:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts