Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a member with 5 different lead services & of course the lead quality varies from service to service. It seem that improvenet leads are the worse of the bunch though. I don't know if they give away something for free to fill out a project form or what. Every lead I call is either not looking to get the project done this year or just getting an idea how much it will cost for down the road. I suppose it don't matter much anyway because their merging with service magic in a couple of months anyway. Just curious if their leads are just as bad in your area.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lets just hope that service magic doesn't change their customer form and you can still weed out the tire kickers. Service magic is probably just eating up the competion.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Don't accept improvenet leads unless there are specific descriptions that the customer has filled out. I have learned this the hard way. Improvenet uses lots of affiliats to generate leads which they sell to us. The affiliats usually sponsor sweepstakes or give away free prizes if people fill out forms with their personal information.

Therefore, I repeat, don't accept improvenet leads unless they have customer required information.

Also just an FYI for everyone Service Magic bought out Improvenet and they will be switching over in a month or two. Service Magic has made a reputation of eating up the compitition they have been doing it since as far back as I can remember.

·
Registered
13 Posts
lead quality

AHS said:
I'm a member with 5 different lead services & of course the lead quality varies from service to service. It seem that improvenet leads are the worse of the bunch though. I don't know if they give away something for free to fill out a project form or what. Every lead I call is either not looking to get the project done this year or just getting an idea how much it will cost for down the road. I suppose it don't matter much anyway because their merging with service magic in a couple of months anyway. Just curious if their leads are just as bad in your area.
THEY ARE JUST AS BAD HERE . and there are less to go around.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
irving said:
How are Service Magic's leads?
I'm with him...I talked with a rep from Sevice Magic recently. I would love some input. I know you use them don't you, Grumpy? Are they getting better or worse? Any current info about any of the online lead services would be greatly appreciated. :Thumbs:

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
I use Service Magic, I have recieved two leads that turned out to be very profitable. A few that were just ok, And lately, a bunch of tire kickers, and folks that cant afford me. Also recieved a few duplicate leads...but SM took care of them for me. I guess its just a numbers game like any other form of marketing.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Well it's official now, the merger is complete. You should no longer be receivig any improvenet leads.

Service Magic built my bosses last company. When we signed up with them the quality and quantity was sooo great that we were on easy street. They have made alot of changes since them. For example previously we were on an accept reject system, then service magic realized they could maximize their profit by forcing us to buy all leads instead of cherry picking. Since then the quality has gone down.

When ever I complain about the quality of the leads they simply retort "you can always request a refund on a poor quality lead" however after requesting a few refunds they begin to fight you on their policy. Their idea of a valid lead and my idea are two different things.

To spite their cons, I feel their pros justify my membership. I still sell their leads about average with my other lead sources and the cost per lead is MUCH less than a yellow page lead. You guys have heard me say this before, but I have a two part mantra about lead service providers 1) The quality and quantity of leads varies from region to region. 2) You have to be aggressive to make them work. There is so much compititon that you have to call these people back immediately or your just wasting money.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Over the last 2 weeks I have recieved an email every day from Service Magic or maybe it is Improvenet, warning me to come to them and update my service with them or it will expire and I will never hear from them again. Every day I have deleted the email they sent. A few days ago my membership expired. Since them I now recieve about 10 emails a day from them sending me "trial" leads to check out. They have also been nice enough to be faxing me 5-10 more a day wasting my paper and toner.

Assholes.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Mike, no calls from Isabella with the thick accent? She pestered me for about a year.
I bit on the opener and grew more disgusted as time passed. Haven't heard from them in years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts