Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We will be retiring the Rewards program on October 14th in preparation for the new forum platform. All requests for eGift cards must be sent no later than October 14th so you must use them or lose them. You can choose to donate them to Hope, if you wish and I will make sure they go to the Toys For Tots program as we have done in previous years.

If you would like to donate your reward points to Hope for the Marine Toys For Tots program, simply click on the Rewards tab in the navigation bar at the top of the site and then select the "donate" link. For the username, enter: Hope

2000 points = $20
Reminder. Any rewards requests sent after today will not be filled.

Today is the deadline.

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,363 Posts
Whatever you do… Do not…

Leave your rewards points on this forum to do nothing.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY! THEY WILL BE GONE TOMORROW!

Get a gift card for yourself… Buy the wife something…

Or

Donate them to the Toys for Tots program. This is a great program that this forum has partnered with us on.

The points will be gone if you don’t do one of the above!

Don’t let the points go to waste!

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I want to give you an update on the process I use once the site goes live with the new platform.

The night before the site goes live you will see an announcement from me that the site will be going live soon. Once the actual process starts, the site will be in read-only mode while the team does the migration from the old platform to the new one.

Once it does goes live you will see an announcement thread created (under the admin account) here in this section. All questions and feedback about the new platform should be posted ONLY in that thread.

You will then see my reply to the threads from my own account. Yes, I will be introducing myself to y'all again.

I will add a new signature to the admin account and maybe my own, along with updating the admin account avatar.

What should you be doing now before this happens?

• Make sure your email address is up to date in your account. If you don't remember your password, now would be a good time to reset it. Save the information.
  • The link that displays all your attachments on the site will not be available, but all attachments will still be in your posts. It might be worth taking the time to browse through the attachment list to see if you want to add anything from there to your albums for easy access later.
  • If you use the current blog feature on ContractorTalk, it is possible that it may not be migrated to the new forum software, depending on complications. If you have content there, I recommend saving it to your computer for now.
  • If you use the current project feature on ContractorTalk, it is possible that it may not be migrated to the new forum software, depending on complications. If you have content there, I recommend saving it to your computer for now so that you have it to add to the Showcase feature on the new platform.
  • If you use the current review feature on ContractorTalk, it is possible that it may not be migrated to the new forum software, depending on complications. If you have content there, I recommend saving it to your computer for now so that you have it. We can add a review forum section on the new platform later.
When Will This All Happen?

ContractorTalk.com is currently scheduled for near the end of October. HOWEVER, the schedule is very fluid, so that could change depending on any complications or schedule changes. I am simply giving you a heads up.

As your dedicated support, I will be here with you multiple times a day once the site goes live with the new platform, answering questions, and listening to feedback.

My only request is that you remain patient with me while we work through the changes. :smile:
REMINDER: Please carefully read the above information.

We are scheduled for October 27th.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Important Update

There is a technical issue with important your current avatars to the new forum software for the upgrade. This means you need to save your current avatar to your computer if it is important to you. When the new software goes live you can add a new avatar then.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Community Announcement: New Forum Software Going Live Soon!

soon.jpg

Dear Members,

Your new site will be going live soon! We are almost at the starting line and are really excited for you to experience the new community platform.

When the migration starts shortly, the site will be put into maintenance read-only mode while the migration is underway until completion. We will post when the process is complete and the site is live. We look forward to your feedback and first impressions in the “Community Feedback: New Forum Software Is Live!” thread.

You will have dedicated support to help you transition to the new format.

I will be here to answer your questions and help you every step of the way. :)

- Cricket

Special Note: To avoid any confusion, I will be closing this thread now. All new comments will be posted to “Community Feedback: New Forum Software Is Live!” thread once the migration to the new software is complete.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.