Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact driver

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Leo G 
#1 ·
I am trying to decide between FESTOOL and Hilti. I am not interested in makita Milwaukee or dewalt. Maybe I would do metabo but I would like to go with one of the other 2

#2 ·
what are you using it for .what other tools do you own . need some more info . thinking hilti is a bit more construction vrs festool more for carpentry .festool doesn't strike me as intended for banging around . maynot be actually true .
also what other tools will you want later ? a reason to go milwaukee ,makita and such are all the different tools they offer also . have you watched online reviews .are you wanting more power or more intended for detail work .size also matters .

#13 ·
I have seen numerous posts from non contractors.
So then your aware this site is for professional contractors & tradespeople. As Robbie said look around to see what fits. Meanwhile a better fit for you would be our sister site. Diychatroom.com. Feel free to visit there as our main objective here is to share trade related issues. A lot of blood, sweat & sleeples nights by us all don’t gear well to any h/o seeking free consultation. Does your line of work offer free consultation?

Mike

#15 ·
So then your aware this site is for professional contractors & tradespeople. As Robbie said look around to see what fits. Meanwhile a better fit for you would be our sister site. Diychatroom.com. Feel free to visit there as our main objective here is to share trade related issues. A lot of blood, sweat & sleeples nights by us all don’t gear well to any h/o seeking free consultation. Does your line of work offer free consultation?

Mike
I realize there is a homeowner site. I have looked and there is not much about either brands there. I am asking for which tool you guys recommend. I am not asking how to do a job that contractors do. Therefore I do not consider it consulting. However I do realize the work you guys do is difficult as I did it when I was out of high school a long time ago.

#7 ·
The very first impact I bought was a 12V Hitachi a bunch of years ago. Saved me a ton of time driving TimberLoks when I bought it.

They've just gotten better from there. I'd stay away from the bargain ones. Today, I'd buy based on the battery system I've chosen, unless I'm buying a 1/2" specifucally for high torque use.

#17 ·
You should watch the contractor that you hire to build the shed and see what he uses.

#18 ·
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.