Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Impact driver decibel comparison

7K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  brhokel606 
#1 ·
Hey all - long time lurker and thought it about time to step out of the shadows. :whistling

My m18 impact just crapped out and am now considering my options. I've seen a lot of guys are recommending the fuel line but there's a guy on site with one of these and it's practically shaking the house. Think I'd go deaf in a day.

Anyone know of a review article that compares the decibels across the different manufacturers? All you fuel owners... do you find it louder than m18 line?

Thanks

#8 ·
darthdude said:
Be sure and wear hearing protection, no matter what you buy:thumbup:. My fuel impact is not really any quieter or noiser then others I've used, but they'll all make ya go deaf without protection.......
Been using hearing protection for years.

Just be aware of your surroundings while they're in or on.

Real easy to get "in the zone".

You peripheral vision may be the only thing that prevents an accident.

#12 ·
WHAT? I HAVE BEEN USING MY IMPACT AT EAR LEVEL FOR YEARS AND NOT NOTICED IT WAS LOUD, WHAT, NO I DIDN'T SAY I WOULD LIKE TO DANCE LADY, I SAID YOU LOOK FAT IN THOSE PANTS. WHAT?

Sorry, been long day. I usually have ear buds in but can tell you my Dewalt is a tad loud. Didn't really notice it I guess but probably will now, thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.