Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back ground: I sent this lady a job quote for 2 sections of 4' Galvanized Chain Link and....

Is that for just the back and the small side yard? We are looking for a whole lot cheaper price than that, we could buy wood privacy fence and do it ourself cheaper than the bid that you gave me. Let me know thanks Lisa

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 25, 2014, at 2:13 PM, "John R. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hey Lisa,
Here is your Galvanized Chain Link Fence Quote. If you have any questions please give us a call. If you are ready let us know and we can get started.
Thanks, and have a great day,
John R. Johnson

Superior Services Deck & Fence
"For a Better Fence"
812-604-3651

My response........

Lisa,
Yes Lisa, that is the price, last years price actually, and we will be raising our installed Chain Link prices by .25 a foot on April 1st of this year.
Thanks, John R. Johnson

·
Don
1,322 Posts
i dont get it

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sprtman said:
Back ground: I sent this lady a job quote for 2 sections of 4' Galvanized Chain Link and.... Is that for just the back and the small side yard? We are looking for a whole lot cheaper price than that, we could buy wood privacy fence and do it ourself cheaper than the bid that you gave me. Let me know thanks Lisa Sent from my iPhone On Feb 25, 2014, at 2:13 PM, "John R. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote: Hey Lisa, Here is your Galvanized Chain Link Fence Quote. If you have any questions please give us a call. If you are ready let us know and we can get started. Thanks, and have a great day, John R. Johnson Superior Services Deck & Fence "For a Better Fence" 812-604-3651 My response........ Lisa, Yes Lisa, that is the price, last years price actually, and we will be raising our installed Chain Link prices by .25 a foot on April 1st of this year. Thanks, John R. Johnson
I think we have all heard it. But this should go in the off-topic section. Maybe even "Things I Hate"

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Hey Lisa,
Here is your Galvanized Chain Link Fence Quote. If you have any questions please give us a call. If you are ready let us know and we can get started.
Thanks, and have a great day,
John R. Johnson

Superior Services Deck & Fence
"For a Better Fence"
812-604-3651

We might as well talk about something productive, like how you could change a few words and improve this message.

·
Vendor
46 Posts
It's extremely frustrating to deal with Customers that believe that can get everything cheaper. Even worse are the one's that have done their own "research" and think the labor end of things is no biggie, a cinch even. The fact that she even emailed you back tells me your still in the running, or at least on their radar. I would ask Her where did she expect pricing to be at, what's fair to her? This, to at least see if the deals salvageable and that maybe "Way off" to her is only a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Would make no difference to me.Couple hundred or couple thoudand.I know where my price needs to be.Wait ill they tell all the neighbors that you can be haggled with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts