Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an older 863 bobcat, only 1800 hrs....does a great job for what we use it for.. the hydrastat locked up, wouldn't move....i flipped the cab, took cover off the gear/chain case...appears the solenoid didn't release between the parking brake, and my employee forced it....anyway, water under the bridge, took it to the bobcat dealer, now.....the top of the case was off, he could SEE everything that needing replacing...i asked him for a WORST CASE scenario what the repair bill would be....he spent half hour looking up parts costs/flat rates for labor, told me $2400.....get bill, $4400...i'm NOT ******g happy! going in tomorrow and have a chat with his boss.

·
Twisted Cameron
314 Posts
Holy crap, at that price was it even worth fixing? I would be in there flipping out on the guy that told me "the worst case scenerio". Thats just ridiculous!

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy crap, at that price was it even worth fixing? I would be in there flipping out on the guy that told me "the worst case scenerio". Thats just ridiculous!
if that's what it costs...that's what it costs....he should have told me up front..if he saw some unforseen problem...gave me a call, he had my cell number....had i known that, yeah, i probably would have traded....we don't use a skiddy much...but when we need it, we need it now!!! my opinion is they owed it to me to give me a call....

·
Dig with BIG TOYS
133 Posts
yeah thats mighty fd up if you ask me... anytime they run into a problem they should always give you a call before they take it uppon themselves to fix it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am still mad over the 10k repair bill on my forklift from last summer! Stuff like this is killer. Could use that money about now

·
Twisted Cameron
314 Posts
Thats poor customer service, I wouldn't take them another bit of business if i didn't have to. hell i would drive a hundred miles to avoid them if they had screwed me like that

·
Registered
105 Posts
Personally I'd write him a check for 2400, as was agreed/discussed, take back my skiddy and let him go f himself, and if he didn't like it, i'd bull over him with the force of a hurricane. This has happened to me before with repairs to work wagons, got the "estimate", agreed to the works, then got a bill for double- its called taking the p155, and I would treat him to the hairdryer- a bollocking and a check for the estimated amount. My usual responce to this is "Sue me you cnut", as I leave with my machine. J.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts