Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an audio Video installation company - we do low voltage for commercial and residential. We've worked solely off of advertisement and word of mouth. I would like to begin contacting GC's to be able to bid on their projects. I would like to hear from GC's how they prefer to be contacted or what my best choice of action would be to get started to working with GC's.

thanks

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
I would just show up to construction sites and start installing your low voltage audio/visual.

No contract, no permit, no meeting with the h/o or gc. Just show up and install it where you feel necessary.

Inevitably, you will be kicked off the job. Then put a lien against the GC and h/o until they pay.

Keep doing this until your name gets around...then sit back and cash the checks!

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
I prefer the "Don't call us,We'll call you" approach...But that's just me...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Blue Book!

If you want to get bids from G.C.'s place an ad in the blue book and you will get leads. The Blue book is sent to G.C.'s free of charge and when they are doing projects in different locations, they consult the Blue book to find subs in those areas. I will be placing another ad when they reprint the next edition. I think they only print once a year, so it is probably too late for this year, but check into it anyway. Hope this helps.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts