Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
deck aficionado
531 Posts
I don't, I'm trying to inform all the other poor souls who may be thinking of getting into slavery.

I also think the way Trex does business stinks, deal exclusively w/me or you are a no count mfer.
Not true. I meet with my trex rep once a month and we go check out completed projects - trex, PT, kdat, doesn't matter. Called him the other day to ask a question about a fastener for a non trex deck and the guy was nothing but helpful in finding what I needed.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
All the reps I've worked with don't expect you to be exclusive with them, I'm thinking maybe some manufactures look for excuses to exclude people they don't want to work with. Some people you don't want to associate your name with. Could very well be that trex would rather align with craftsman instead of walmart contractors.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
All the reps I've worked with don't expect you to be exclusive with them, I'm thinking maybe some manufactures look for excuses to exclude people they don't want to work with. Some people you don't want to associate your name with. Could very well be that trex would rather align with craftsman instead of walmart contractors.
THEY WANT THE PACKAGE....CLEAN PROFESSIONAL ARTISAN / CRAFTSMAN TYPE AND REALLY IMPORTANT IS HOW THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS IN FRONT CLIENTS AND SO ON... ETC. WILL MOST LIKELY LOOK THE OTHER WAY IF SALES AREN'T QUITE THERE BECAUSE THEY WILL HELP YOU ADVANCE THAT THROUGH LEADS. NOW CLOSING IS A HOLE ANOTHER ANIMAL.

CALI'S GOT THE PACKAGE AND THAT CADI DOEN'T HURT..:laughing:...JUST LIKE YOU ROB AND I GOTTA THROW MYSELF INTO THE MIX. LESS THE CADI OF COURSE. :thumbsup: NOW IF CAN FIND ANOTHER LEAD CARPENTER WOULD JUST BE DREAMY.

·
Deck Parts Retailer
3,108 Posts
It could be that the newest strains being developed in Colorado, would make you err in judgment, as you would have no basis for the bs you put out.

That could very well be as you don't know enough to use metal screws on steel

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Good thread, got some chuckles.

Congrats Mike on the promotion. Is there another plateau to reach?

By the way, I was a Trex Pro and you can count on one hand how many Trex decks I built. But I didn't get any advertising dollars, only a T shirt.

·
GC/carpenter
40,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Good thread, got some chuckles.

Congrats Mike on the promotion. Is there another plateau to reach?

By the way, I was a Trex Pro and you can count on one hand how many Trex decks I built. But I didn't get any advertising dollars, only a T shirt.
Good to hear from you Mark, how's retirement treating you? I have to say your expertise and knowledge is missed around here.

It's not the gifts, however the marketing dollars are cool. They send me 100's of Thousands of dollars (and that's a conservative number) in sales calls. They are good quality leads too. Platinum is the last level.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts