Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
40,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.trex.com/find-a-contractor/details/?PRO=28063TP

Or as killer would call me a slave. :laughing:

If this is what slave labor pays I'm not wanting freedom anytime soon. :laughing:

I should of probably been Platinum a while ago, but oh well. I requested and received.

What this does is double my marketing funds each year, expands my zip codes, although I may have to re-organize to take on more work. If any of you guys out there aren't in the trex pro program I highly recommend it. I've gotten 100's of thousands of dollars worth of work from it. No pissing matches, please.

·
Deck Parts Retailer
3,108 Posts
My 1st year of freedom from being a slave I added 100k to the bottom line.

They are not the only ones w/ customer support in ways of leads.

Over here all the slaves get to go feed on the same fish. Than the fish just wants, HOW FREE ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS FOR ME, SLAVE.
BECAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF SLAVES OUT THERE.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
http://www.trex.com/find-a-contractor/details/?PRO=28063TP

Or as killer would call me a slave. :laughing:

If this is what slave labor pays I'm not wanting freedom anytime soon. :laughing:

I should of probably been Platinum a while ago, but oh well. I requested and received.

What this does is doubles my marketing funds each year, expands my zip codes, although I may have to re-organize to take on more work. If any of you guys out there aren't in the trex pro program I highly recommend it. I've gotten 100's of thousands of dollars worth of work from it. No pissing matches, please.
slave my nut. that's awesome dude. re-organize....hmmmm?
go cali go cali...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My 1st year of freedom from being a slave I added 100k to the bottom line.

They are not the only ones w/ customer support in ways of leads.

Over here all the slaves get to go feed on the same fish. Than the fish just wants, HOW FREE ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS FOR ME, SLAVE.
BECAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF SLAVES OUT THERE.
Are killer and tipitop the same person????????

·
GC/carpenter
40,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slave my nut. that's awesome dude. re-organize....hmmmm?
go cali go cali...
I'm thinking about another crew. I have one crew that pretty much does mobiles. However I'm thinking I will split off and have another. It's a real problem finding guys that will make the right decisions when I'm not around. I think I just need to let them make mistakes and write it off as a business expense/investment. I'm not a guy that lets go easily. It's probably my biggest hindrance.

I also share a crew with a framing contractor friend of mine. It's really a great program we are working. It keeps the guys busy and they get a knew boss on occasion.

·
Deck Parts Retailer
3,108 Posts
I'm thinking about another crew. I have one crew that pretty much does mobiles. However I'm thinking I will split off and have another. It's a real problem finding guys that will make the right decisions when I'm not around. I think I just need to let them make mistakes and write it off as a business expense/investment. I'm not a guy that lets go easily. It's probably my biggest hindrance.

I also share a crew with a framing contractor friend of mine. It's really a great program we are working. It keeps the guys busy and they get a knew boss on occasion.
Yup and you will love all the new reviews they're going to generate also

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

we talked about this. i had 6 full time 2 - 3/man crews full speed ahead for 5years.

now i'm down to me + 2. 1/team. i canned my lead recently because he became a liability.

i gc interior additions ect. all sub less the custom carpentry stuff.

your good with mobile builder. auto pilot.

its very / hard to find turn key guys in what we do. the best way is get green semi green maybe out of trade school or 1-2 years in carpentry maybe a framing crew preferred and take under wing. you get them early and implement fundimentals or before they get tainted. i just have seasons guy do interior finish work..... dreamie. but decking on roof tops in 100degree heat.. hmmmm they think twice.

i can book up easy another 700-1mill + year but can not execute. i cant even find subs.

i can easily triple my business but as of now would not able execute.

maybe your side is better with labor pool.

also keep in mind the younger guys will typically 2-4year or maybe more so always keep adding newbies to crew. it's a revolving door this year for me.

whats the right way way to go i dont know. but i am meeting with carpenters tomorrow night. i may have pool to tap into.

·
Super Moderator
25,783 Posts
Congratulations Mike. Thats cool

·
deck aficionado
531 Posts
I always ask potential clients how they found us, heard of us, etc to see what marketing is/isn't working - 8 of 10 trex decks say they found us on their website, being a trex pro works/pays....and we get some free schnit here and there

·
Registered
568 Posts
Congrats Mike!

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Hey Mike, 2 things:

First, congrats:thumbsup:

Second, both my parents are gone, and well..

..what I'm saying is - its never too late to consider adopting, and I promise I'd drive a new silver BMW responsibly - "daddy".

:jester:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts