Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am a small jobs contractor just outside of Raleigh. Been doing this full-time for about 10 years now. Before that I remodeled, owned, and managed a number of rentals in NE Ohio.

I'm looking around here, hoping to find what's been lost at Breaktime -- a community.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Howdy,

I'm also a former BT'er, but gave up on that place about a year ago. This place is geared for pro's, so no DIY questions like BT. Dumb questions of any type or source are beat down.

This place is a little more "on your toes", with fools not suffered well. Also, at BT, interior designers showed up at times. Here, I think any IT would be cyber executed.

Went to BT a while ago, and the new format is so clunky i could not believe it. Seems like a good way to destroy a site

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Welcome to CT.:thumbsup:

·
framer
154 Posts
I too pulled the BT plug after the new format, I just went thru the "change" over at JLC and wasn't about to do it again.

I hope the powers here are listening.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Welcome here. The one and only time I checked out BT still leaves my head spinning from the disorganized viewage of postings, or at least a method I was unfamiliar with.

Ed

·
copper magnet
806 Posts
The one and only time I checked out BT still leaves my head spinning from the disorganized viewage of postings, or at least a method I was unfamiliar with.

Ed
It was certainly different, but worked very well when you got used to it. I've been checking in here for years, but the software confused/annoyed me. I'm starting to to get used to it.

They've changed the forum software again at BT and it's a real head spinner now. My guess is you guys will be seeing a lot of us migrating over here as time passes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to CT!

Yes, this place is definitely addicting. :thumbsup:

In any event, feel free to give me a shout on the board or by email
if you ever need advice with any screening project. Happy to help with all applications.

Mike

www.connscreen.com

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Hello all. I am a small jobs contractor just outside of Raleigh. Been doing this full-time for about 10 years now. Before that I remodeled, owned, and managed a number of rentals in NE Ohio.

I'm looking around here, hoping to find what's been lost at Breaktime -- a community.
Hey Dave, glad to see you made it over here!
Dave

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts

Hey Hey,

BT used to be my favorite forum... Now this is it. I visit JLC some and BT occassionally.

Good group here (mostly).:jester:

The software works well too.

Welcome,

Basswood

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
It was certainly different, but worked very well when you got used to it. I've been checking in here for years, but the software confused/annoyed me. I'm starting to to get used to it.

They've changed the forum software again at BT and it's a real head spinner now. My guess is you guys will be seeing a lot of us migrating over here as time passes.
Hi Grant,

How are you?

I'm used to this software now, and actually like it. Good crew here too.:party:

All the best,

Basswood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts