Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been dodging this type of fence for about 3 years now. However business has tanked. Today i got a call to bid some. I will be going tomorrow to look at it and meet the buyer.

I screened them on the ph letting them know its around $38.00 per ft. They asked so i told them to the best of my knowledge. I came up w/ that by working up my cost per ft on solid DE 6' and putting 42% on top of that. My primary vendor sells TimberWolf products.

Now i know this is a taboo question but does $38.00 per ft sound at least in the ballpark? Am i over? Am I under?

I have really no idea yet how many ln feet ... so this is just a braod question if any of you would be willing to answer.

Thank You In Advance.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,537 Posts
That's quite a commute!

I think he's telling you, you are too cheap. If you're only charging 42% mark up from your material cost I'd have to agree.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's quite a commute!

I think he's telling you, you are too cheap. If you're only charging 42% mark up from your material cost I'd have to agree.
Ya i cant believe I fell for that. Thats what i get get everyonce in a while for giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Ok,, thanks for answering my question. At least I know so if she asks that was for 4' !!!!:clap:

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,537 Posts
Ya i cant believe I fell for that. Thats what i get get everyonce in a while for giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Ok,, thanks for answering my question. At least I know so if she asks that was for 4' !!!!:clap:
Yeah, you have to be careful with the Boneman, he's got a sharp edge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts