Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Presumably the logic of executing DUI offenders is that they made a personal choice that endangered others. Presuming that is the case:

Would you execute those who choose not to have their children vaccinated thereby putting at risk those for whom the vaccination did not take?

Would you execute those who choose to speed while driving, drive with worn tires, overload their pick-ups, etc?

Would you execute those who fire guns into the air or in ways that they are uncertain what the bullet might hit?

Would you execute those who operate motor vehicles under the influence of prescription drugs that compromise reaction times?

Would you execute those who would put men up on roofs without proper fall protection?

Would you execute those who fail to properly engineer/build decks in a manner that might endanger others?

The list could go on forever. Is your problem with endangering others or just alcohol?

·
Super Moderator
25,998 Posts
In my mind what is fair:

1st Dui, arrested, permanent record as dui offender, big fine. No DL. Death penalty :no:

2nd Dui, 1 year in jail. Bigger fine. No DL for a long time.

3rd DUI, some years in the big house. Something wrong with you, you dont need to be on the street.

Or something along those lines.

Injure someone in a wreck because your drunk, you pay all lost work, damage and medical bills and reparations. Then the big house for a long time. No money, take their house and all their stuff and sell it to pay it. Then garnish wages until its paid with interest when they are released from jail.

Kill someone in a wreck because your drunk, take them out back, shoot them behind the ear and toss them in a hole. Your a murderer, same result even if it isnt pre meditated.

Have some common sense, and dont put others safety into jeopardy because you have no dicipline and you should be fine.

·
Shingler extraordinaire
9,382 Posts
In my mind what is fair:

1st Dui, arrested, permanent record as dui offender, big fine. No DL. Death penalty :no:

2nd Dui, 1 year in jail. Bigger fine. No DL for a long time.

3rd DUI, some years in the big house. Something wrong with you, you dont need to be on the street.

Or something along those lines.

Injure someone in a wreck because your drunk, you pay all lost work, damage and medical bills and reparations. Then the big house for a long time. No money, take their house and all their stuff and sell it to pay it. Then garnish wages until its paid with interest when they are released from jail.

Kill someone in a wreck because your drunk, take them out back, shoot them behind the ear and toss them in a hole. Your a murderer, same result even if it isnt pre meditated.

Have some common sense, and dont put others safety into jeopardy because you have no dicipline and you should be fine.
That is pretty close to how it works now..minus the point blank shot.

·
Shingler extraordinaire
9,382 Posts
I have honestly the past couple weeks considered looking into grants for veterinary school. Id be about 45 when i got my license though. Don't really think it is feasible

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,788 Posts
I like the DUI license plate idea.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Internet agitator on my gubernet supplied apple phone and note top. Using the free really & fast internet from the the net nudered fcc stuff.

·
Registered
Remodel
26,689 Posts
Maybe trade equity options for me. I did it before, and hated being tied to the screen day after day. I might be able to do it in a few hours a week, which would be fun instead of a PITA like it was before.

·
Who me?
150 Posts
I would purchase property and set up a naturist park.

In fact that is what I'm doing. I am selling off much of my equipment and looking for a farm property to get the project started.

Need some equipment? If I have what you need make me an offer.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I find it funny how this group wouldn't do exactly what they do now, after all someone recently posted people come here to better themselves, learn and share a wealth of knowledge why choose something different.

I'd go back to building spec. Simple homes for simple people. I'd draw them, build them and sell them after they were done or almost done without all the headaches of actually dealing with the buyers and their demands after all that is my only complaint in this business. Perfect lifestyle IMO.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
i asked because i got 1 or 2 years left doing what i have done for over 40 years. i do not know what i will do to kill time because i can not kill d.u.i er
yes it is personal one sister 2 nephews were killed. i just do not know why someone with a brain would drive drunk. if you got no brain then why not go away.:clap:

·
Champion Thread Derailer
1,228 Posts
I think I would like to be sitting on the beach, earning 30 percent.

In all seriousness, I suppose I would get back into the music business if I were faced with getting out of the trades.

·
Champion Thread Derailer
1,228 Posts
i asked because i got 1 or 2 years left doing what i have done for over 40 years. i do not know what i will do to kill time gecause i can not kill d.u.i er
yes it is personal one sister 2 nephews were killed. i just do not know why someone with a brain would drive drunk. if you got no brain then why not go away.:clap:
Really hate to hear that, Pappagor.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts