Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
Get the Sprinter.

The only thing that I don't like about the Promaster is that it looks like a neutered dog going down the highway with the big empty space between the rear wheels.

The Transit looks pretty cool and I am going to get one but I think that it's too new and there will be some bugs that need to be worked out.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
tedanderson said:
Get the Sprinter. The only thing that I don't like about the Promaster is that it looks like a neutered dog going down the highway with the big empty space between the rear wheels. The Transit looks pretty cool and I am going to get one but I think that it's too new and there will be some bugs that need to be worked out.
Yeah the pro master looks pretty lame from the rear, not sure how it will handle weight with that broom stick they call a axel

·
Contractor
4,764 Posts
Sprinter (again)-the electronic control systems are impressive (traction control, yawl control for integration w/ towed trailer) and the fuel mileage on the new 4cyl motors are achieving 22-24mpg as report from owners. One owner is reporting those mileage numbers w/ a 7x14 tandem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not knowing enough about the other 3 vans I would go with a Sprinter based on past performance and the MPG it gets . I would love to get that kind of mileage out of my Chevy 3500 .

·
Interior Remodeling
1,275 Posts
Sprinter or the new transit. I like the sprinter but with diesel prices close to 5bucks a gallon I think the eco boost transit will be the ticket.

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
I'm in the market too, probably in one year though after a move. Post what you decide. I think they are all pretty good. I just ruled out the Express because I want to be able to walk inside.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Golden view said:
I'm in the market too, probably in one year though after a move. Post what you decide. I think they are all pretty good. I just ruled out the Express because I want to be able to walk inside.
What about the fiberglass tops they have for transport vans?

I see them all the time, someone makes them?

·
Registered
585 Posts
If I were to buy a van it would probably be a chevy express with a duramax preferably... Out of those options it would be between the transit and the sprinter. Those Nissans look silly and apparently get really poor mileage. I also don't know if I trust a front wheel drive van, the dodge...

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I'm waiting for the Transit. Not interested in any of the others. It's all about fuel economy and Ford is taking a big risk phasing out the E series van. But fleet owners in particular are going to love the increased mpg's.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
waiting on a new transit, drove a promaster lots of pep, no grab handles to get in to cargo aera, long wait for a 1ton, the thing about a sprinter i feel like i would be a second class citizen on the merc service drive, the local merc dealer does not have sprinters on there web site, so its a full size trasit for me, i see the tv show american pickers are now driving a transit

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
we have 2 sprinter 2500 1 - low and gas motor 280k. 1 - tall and dsl 140k. I buy very clean 1/owner used car fax clean blah blah….

I can't really complain about either. Breaks about every year and we don't drive that much. I think I would buy another but tall maybe 3500 dually.

I really like the transits but would have to rethink the way I would work.
Tool only I goes. I have more fasteners and hardware in my sprinter then the entire transit could hold.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts