Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF you could have any shop restore one of your old rides!

What shop would you use, it has to be a shop that has a reality show about it. Graveyard cars, overhaulin, Boyd's , wcc, etc etc makes it easier to envision knowing the work that shop does IMO

What would you have done too it?

You have too post a pic of the original car you had no pics saying it did look like this, if that was the case I'd pick my Ferrari lmfao

Ok shop of your choice, pic of your car, and what you would want done!!

Remember you had too of already owned the car not pick something you would of liked too own!!

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Can I vote for myself seeing as it was my previous career???

If you look through the deck lid opening on the '74 you can see the Holley, it feeds a twin turbo charge 1200 hp 351 ANB.

Tom

Attachments

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a detommasa pantera too me!!

I'd pick my 72 nova over my 87 iroc to have restored.

I had a ball in my iroc, but the nova is what started my performance awards.

Simply the best sounding car I had, dual glass packs that ended at the front seat.

I'd have overhaulin do it, they do the best work IMO

I'd love a huge monster motor but would rather have a car set up for corners track days etc,

Here's my car seconds after it was hit, drove it a 100 mikes home without a hood and a broken motor mount.

It happened just before we had computers so if your local guy didn't have it you were sol.

I got my first new truck after this and my buddy got me to sell him the car. He had a 73 clip the next day. And I did ask him if he knew where one was!! Never heard about it some friend!!

I got my new iroc soon after my truck. My buddy had a 77 camaro when he seen mine to say he was jealous would be an understatement.

This pic is from 85, I got in so much trouble with this car. I had a feeling the way I was getting stopped all the time it was like someone else was driving my car!!

At the time it was gray primer , sure enough someone else had a gray nova. Cop told me its the right car but not driver,

I bought satin black paint and took care of that quick enough. 2 layers of limo tint, widest tires made legal anyways.

Wish I had more pics of that one!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
The silver one on the trailer is a '72 De Tomaso Pantera. The yellow one is a '74 De Tomaso Pantera.

Two of the many restorations. Sucks that it was before digital photography. I found a few more pics of other cars and one of the silver ones drive train I'll post when I get back home.

Currently looking for another Pantera and a Boss 429 Mustang.

Tom

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I hate old cars, they are gross polluters. :blink:

I should put this under things I hate tread... :laughing:

·
632 Posts
I've had my '51 for 25 years now, it's still about 95% done. Did most of the work when I was in high school, then life happened.

It's one of my 'roundtoit

Defiantly Foose, and whatever he came up with.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Classic Truck

Vehicle Car Classic car Scrap Hardtop

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hardtop

My first wood shop project was the oak bed boards.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Truck

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Gas Monkey all the way

34 or 35 Ford 5 window coupe, Banana Yellow and all updated. Does not need to be original, big electronic controlled motor, electric dash and all the bells and whistles.

I will have one in the next 10 years, that's the promise to myself for working so hard. Sock a little bit away every week for it.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gas monkey is a hack,watch his original shows again hell no I wouldn't let them touch my car!!

Stuff and buff crew!! Even though Richard is worth 15 million and that was before the show!!

Aaron is worth 1.5 million and he had Richard carry the note on the falcon like he's a broke dick lmao

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
48 chevy 5 window sitting in my sisters field.....I learned to drive a stick with it.
Nowdays Im thinking it needs a stroked out LS3 and modern suspension

As for shops id have to meet the guys doing the work , we have built so many racecars that it'd be hard to let someone else fabricate on any of my rides

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
68 Torino GT Fastback, no pic of it. Owned it for about 3 days and i was dumb enough to listen to my father and part it out. Car had been wrecked at one point so the whole nose was new, 351W was rebuilt, good tranny, new 1/4's and the floors were cut out and ready to be replaced. Car was actually given to me by a friend who was moving and had to get rid of it. My father told me it was not worth fixing and to get rid of it. This was when i was young and no experience. Man was i stupid!

If i still had it i would either restore it myself or let Foose massage it a bit.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is that an SJ?

My buddies mom had one, he was following me one day , I was in a 72 pinto when he came up behind me.

He was pushing me when he floored it lifting the ass of my car off the road.

When he realized what he did he slammed his brakes sending me for a ride!

He laughed his ass off and he damn near killed me!!

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Yes it is.

Built the 400 that is in it also. Cam, .030 over (I think, its been about 30 years), induction system and exhaust, I don't think we stroked that one. Built the 400 behind it also.

Tom

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Wish I had a better picture of the Cadillac in the background. Yes, it is pink. Engine was freshened, but stock. Trans was gone through. Suspension freshened also.

I believe to the left of the Caddy would have been a '72 442 ragtop that belonged to my trimmer (tops and interior guy). It had a built 455-W30, Candy Scarlett over gold base. 4 speed Saginaw.

All 3 were to be picked up that week. Thats why the GP is outside.

Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
One of these days going to take my 06 hayabusa and 2004 SS silverado to Counts Custom cars and have them done with matching paint designs, with horny mike airbrushing. I have this killer idea!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts