Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the most frustrating thing your smartphone could help you with?

For me it's been communication with clients. I think if there was an app that helped manage the communication better it would be a lot easier.

Do you have any recommendations? What are your pain points?

·
Registered
12,856 Posts
A scanner that sorted and organized my receipts and invoices. Push one button and it goes to Quickbooks, then one more and it sends a perfectly organized and timely invoice to my customers. Then it scans and deposits my checks and makes me breakfast in the morning.

That would be cool.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
The fact that I must 'unlock' my phone every single stinking gawdamm time I turn it on.

"Unlock"? Gimme a break.... it's not even friggin 'locked'. :censored:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Talking to customers

The receipt idea somebody said would b good for me too. Realy i want something that help me talk to the customers because they say they no get txt mssg or call and solving their problem (taking pictures, sending to them) is annoying.

An app that keep track of all this would be awesome

·
Registered
85 Posts
What would be the most frustrating thing your smartphone could help you with?

For me it's been communication with clients. I think if there was an app that helped manage the communication better it would be a lot easier.

Do you have any recommendations? What are your pain points?
What would the app do?

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
DuckHuntin89 said:
What would be the most frustrating thing your smartphone could help you with? For me it's been communication with clients. I think if there was an app that helped manage the communication better it would be a lot easier. Do you have any recommendations? What are your pain points?
Totally agree.... Only being able to actually talk to them on the phone or send them a text or email them is just so limiting...

Perhaps I'm missing your point, but it seems like I have too many ways to communicate. I'd rather to go back to an office phone and a answering machine, and return all my calls at once when I get home each day than come up with more ways for them to get ahold of me.

·
Registered
12,856 Posts
VinylHanger: There are several iphone apps that scan and organize receipts, specifically Shoeboxed.

Check out: http://appcenter.intuit.com/shoeboxed and http://money.usnews.com/money/perso...apps-for-organizing-your-expenses-at-tax-time

If you'd like to do it on-the-go there is this app https://itunes.apple.com/app/proongo-expense-receipt-reader/id324174636?mt=8

Integrates into Quickbooks!!!!!!

480sparky: don't have to do that on an android!!!
I do Android, I'll have to look for some apps for that. It's been a while since I've looked.

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
A scanner that sorted and organized my receipts and invoices. Push one button and it goes to Quickbooks, then one more and it sends a perfectly organized and timely invoice to my customers. Then it scans and deposits my checks and makes me breakfast in the morning.

That would be cool.
It's called an accountant :D lol :thumbup: One thing I hate is getting to the end of the year then having to sort through several hundred receipts and categorize them all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts