Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Here's the thing:

After working all day in the sun, liftin heavy $hi+, you get someone that won't pay upon completion. Work an honest day- we deserve our honest pay. I 've felt that way after being stiffed before. But 2 wrongs won't make it right. What can you do? Qualify the customer better next time, I guess.

Sometimes people are hard to read. You almost need a physic and crystal ball.....

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But it would feel good........so good.....to do it just once while the client watched.

I'm thankful I have never had someone cheat me out of my pay. I have had to wait way longer than I felt was fair, but I've always collected the full amount.

·
mason
119 Posts
But it would feel good........so good.....to do it just once while the client watched.

Im guessing it would feel real goooooood.

I'm thankful I have never had someone cheat me out of my pay. I have had to wait way longer than I felt was fair, but I've always collected the full amount.
I have been lucky to have never been cheated. I have had to make stong suggestions ( not threats ) after an extended time of no payment.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I was doing a soffit,facia,trough job years back. Guy about four doors down comes around asks me if I can change the trough on the front of his house - only about 25 feet. Sure I say, I'll do it when we run this trough.

After three attempts at getting paid, and hearing - oh, I forgot my wallet, etc. etc. all BS., I'm near this guys house about two weeks later, I'm in a foul mood, so I roll up, get a ladder off the truck, tie a rope to the trough, knock on the door and tell him - the money or the trough comes with me.

He takes one look at the rope around his trough, tied to the bumper of my truck, and he reaches into his pocket and pays me cash.

Unfortunately, I undid the rope and left. Should have just driven off. :thumbsup:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Not sure that sheet over the truck was much protection, especially when the roof came tumbling down. :laughing:

·
Banned
9,058 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IDK, I found it on another wood forum, figured I'd share. Never saw yours. Even though I saw this one quite a while back. I didn't think I saw it here.

The news story is linked in the FHB article.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's where I saw it.

·
Building and Remodeling
40 Posts
We had 2 hotels go bankrupt on us in the early 90's..I wasnt involved in the business since i was only 10 or so but i remember my dad was a mess...lost about 75 grand...not like the customer just didnt pay because they didnt want to but we still never saw our money...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts