Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually when I stop in the morning to buy a pack of butts and some scratch tickets I just park out front and leave my truck running, I mean I'm a contractor, it's kind of like being a cop.

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
I'm a contractor, it's kinda like being an astronaut if u think really hard about it..

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I hope your kidding, but just in case....a ticket for what??
It's not enforced by Ottawa has an idling bylaw...2 min max or something like that.

I've been idling less with $1.38/L gas.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
If there is such a thing in IL, someone needs to tell every dumba$$ cop in town because if it's cold out.............or if it's hot out :rolleyes: .....or if they're just too lazy to **sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh** turn the key back on again (so taxing), they leave it running.

For most of them, that means all the time.

I'm sure if you asked it would be "we have to be prepared to leave at any moment" but...at 2AM......on Tuesday...in CHESTER??? Are you F-in kidding me? And how long does it take to start the car anyway?

Ok, rant over. I'd just never heard of that being illegal lol.

·
Eater of sins.
4,576 Posts
If there is such a thing in IL, someone needs to tell every dumba$$ cop in town because if it's cold out.............or if it's hot out :rolleyes: .....or if they're just too lazy to **sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh** turn the key back on again (so taxing), they leave it running.

For most of them, that means all the time.

I'm sure if you asked it would be "we have to be prepared to leave at any moment" but...at 2AM......on Tuesday...in CHESTER??? Are you F-in kidding me? And how long does it take to start the car anyway?

Ok, rant over. I'd just never heard of that being illegal lol.
Hey, stay on topic.

What is the topic again?

Andy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2 sets of keys for me, one in the truck and one in my pocket, lock the doors and go inside. Only really do this when it is extremely cold.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I leave min running sometimes. I have a button on my remote that keeps engine running after I remove the keys. It will kill the engine though if someone try's to drive it away.

Sometimes I will shut it down and remote start it whilst I'm in checkout line . Normally enough time to cool it down or warm it back up before I get back to it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts