Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contracted to run a ****load of tongue and groove heart pine flooring on EVERYTHING (walls, floor and ceiling) in a room addition some clown had built.
I noticed that the double hung doors looked like ****(and I mean TOTAL ****) and told the customers that they needed to be reset.
When I took them out , I really didnt notice the F'up that was above, but when I seen it ,... all I could say was,..." WHAT THE ****??!!"
This was a load bearing exterior wall with, ceiling joist, existing rafters, and the new addition rafters on top of them.
The jack and king stud were cut out, had a 2x4 added to the side and a stud barely nailed on to the side of that.
I told the customer that I really couldnt sleep at night knowing that that bull**** was there. So they decided to let me fix it.
The picts arent that great but,... the idea is there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
OW-Wow. Hope they got a good deal on that job from the hack. I've not seen OSB used as a king stud for awhile.

BC-come on dude!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OW-Wow. Hope they got a good deal on that job from the hack. I've not seen OSB used as a king stud for awhile.

BC-come on dude!
Apparently not,..the customer said they fired him after he took 40 days frame up a square 16x21 room and another 7 days to wire 6 outlets. In addition too the fact that they "discovered" (due to a hard rain) 5 leaks in the brand new roof he had just done.

You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
It's wrong for a grown man to laugh at that. I am about as un-politically correct as anyone can be around friends, but that's just wrong.

These are kids.

My mum laughed at it. I guess it's different for people who ain't grown up around mentally disabled people but you would be surprised at how light hearted these guys are. They find stuff funny also.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
My mum laughed at it. I guess it's different for people who ain't grown up around mentally disabled people but you would be surprised at how light hearted these guys are. They find stuff funny also.
That's cool. Maybe I'm overreacting. Again-I'm pretty un-pc myself and I have no problem poking fun at a person who can give it right back to me, but it just kind of hit me as a bit wrong.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's wrong for a grown man to laugh at that. I am about as un-politically correct as anyone can be around friends, but that's just wrong.

These are kids.
OK ,...its wrong.I laughed. Im sorry. It was more the delivery than the actual situation. If that makes sense.
If it helps, I was the guy in school who used to beat the ever loving **** out of the assholes that would pick on the retarded kids,...and I was not an angel by any means ( AT ALL),... I just liked to **** up the dickheads that would do **** like that.
So, if you will, accept my apology and accept my belated retribution.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They build like you take pictures....:laughing:
Im sorry, please excuse me,I thought this was a contractors web site, not the PROFESSIONAL F'in PHOTOGRAPHY FORUMS.:whistling My mistake.
Ill try to submit some 35mm photos ( in proper lighting of course) next time for your personal approval . Or would you prefer 120 film?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just prefer some clearer pics...shouldn't matter the quality of film/camera
Well, to be honest with you, I was more concerned with the job ( and time frame) I had at hand, and not really with documenting it in pictures.
Also, I dont check the battery level in my camera before I do a job. It takes some funky looking pictures when theyre low and have no idea how theyll turn out until I load them on my computer......
The question is,...did you or did you not get the idea that I was trying to convey of the total **** up from the original pictures I uploaded?
A **** up doesnt need to be in crystal clear quality. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well, to be honest with you, I was more concerned with the job ( and time frame) I had at hand, and not really with documenting it in pictures.
Also, I dont check the battery level in my camera before I do a job. It takes some funky looking pictures when theyre low and have no idea how theyll turn out until I load them on my computer......
The question is,...did you or did you not get the idea that I was trying to convey of the total **** up from the original pictures I uploaded?
A **** up doesnt need to be in crystal clear quality. Know what I mean?

Just try to take the pics before you drink the 6 lunch beers you need on a mess like that:laughing:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
That's cool. Maybe I'm overreacting. Again-I'm pretty un-pc myself and I have no problem poking fun at a person who can give it right back to me, but it just kind of hit me as a bit wrong.

To be truthful, I find most people that play on the wii, look like class 9 idiots. The kid's in the above pics seem at least as smart as the averave wii player. probably smarter!!!!!

Ever seem someone play wii tennis?:gun_bandana::hammer::lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.