Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have had our discussions and votes on paints.
The other day, I had a job where the customer requested I use paint which they had already purchased. It was Olympic Premium eggshell. I would have to say, I was some what impressed with the application. (Even though I'm a Shermin Williams junky).

Any of you have good or bad experiences with Olympic?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No experience with Olympic, but I sure as hell change our guarantees if I use a paint I haven't used before. We do some state work and they always supply the paint. Total nightmare, different shades, different lot numbers and different manufactiurers all on the same job. I don't do much residential, but if they want to use a specific paint I only guarantee that the application will be done to the mfg's specs.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
sure as hell change our guarantees if I use a paint I haven't used before
Me too.

My experience with Olympic is just with the stain, and it wasn't good or bad.

Josh, you should be willing to testdrive new paints on occasion, its never a bad thing to broaden your horizons. Just remember the ones that suck and charge/change the contract accordingly.

I recently did a job for the proverbial little old white-haired lady who had already bought her paint (think the son picked it for her) and she didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for my paint (Benny Moore). It was Sears Premium Easy Living interior, and it spread/cvered real nice. Found out they got it on sale for $9 a gallon. I still didn't guarantee it, but it was a good product nonetheless. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good points...
I've used olympic stains in the past, but was impressed with the interior latex.
Speaking of which Pro. This weekend I had a chance to use one of the best exterior paints I've used. Sears weather-beater arcylic latex. They dont make it in the same fashion any more. This paint was about 2 years old. But I would rank it up there with some of the top exteriors like duration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts