Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have never used ICF forms, I recognized their utility for some projects. What I don't understand is the customers who have bought into the ICF craze lock, stock, and barrel. I have been told how green they are, and how they cheapen the foundation building process, even though the foundation is un-conditioned space, and is not lived in. Furthermore, the customers spent money coating the exterior of the ICF foundation with Dri-vit for asthetic reasons, which I think will soon be red dri-vit with big white styrofoam holes in it soon.

Blockies, brickies, and form builders should be beating their own green drum.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe you should consider what ICF's offer, and the true advantages. meanwhile, we don't side ICF's. We brick them.
Jo,

I think you misunderstand me. I think ICF's are great. No dealing with forms and their storage, cutting is easier, and man power is lessened. What I don't get is people who misuse them because they are the newest fangled dealey, and then end up with a product which looks poorer than poured concrete.

I also know that it is by and large not the contractors who are pushing it, but the mags.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.