Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will probably be one of my favorites to do. This is a 2400 square foot basic rectangle with a gambrel roof design, in steel. The first pictures are from a few weeks back, pouring in the snow, ice and cold. The last pictures are from a week ago. The total footage will end up at 3200 sq/ft or so, with a lofted space above the great room. More to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I always see these interesting projects you have going on. When ever I make it up that way I'll have to check them out or something. Mine are usually pretty normal commercial type stuff. Nothing crazy or out of the box.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually took out my camera yesterday to take some pictures to post here...and the battery was dead. I use my android now almost exclusively and post straight to facebook.

But I will try to get some pictures on this week. It is pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A few more as promised. When the outside concrete is done, I will post some updates again. Rocking next week if the electrician gets with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A little explanation. Spray foam insulation, and the upstairs view is of the loft. The exposed steel will be clad in western cedar and wrought iron as the railings. The fireplace is an insert and the brick face is 23 feet to the peak.

A few things of interest. My plumber began to notice a distinct odor of the spray foam....especially when he cut it to install plumbing. Like a rotten egg smell. Now this will go away when it gets rocked.....but?

The brick color choice by the clients was too close to the roof color, and the coins on the columns was a bit too much. Would have looked awesome with stone details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interested in learning about stone coated steel roofing systems including a discussion of the installation methods used, testing and standards, and comparative characteristics and sustainable attributes of stone coated steel roofing versus traditional roofing materials, check out the following link: http://aecdai.ly/94

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.