Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When working on ICF block & core slab (12 storey apartment bulding), it is necessary to cover the ICF with drywall prior to installation of heating ducts & bath tubs on the common walls... however; it may be months before the roof is sealed to make the building water tight. In my experience, the drywall behind the tubs/heat ducts gets soaked with rain water, which may contribute to the growth of mould.

Is there any type of mould resistant, fire rated drywall that you know of that could be put on prior to the roof going on that won't rot away within the next few months of exposure to moisture?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
GC
190 Posts
When working on ICF block & core slab (12 storey apartment bulding), it is necessary to cover the ICF with drywall prior to installation of heating ducts & bath tubs on the common walls... however; it may be months before the roof is sealed to make the building water tight. In my experience, the drywall behind the tubs/heat ducts gets soaked with rain water, which may contribute to the growth of mould.

Is there any type of mould resistant, fire rated drywall that you know of that could be put on prior to the roof going on that won't rot away within the next few months of exposure to moisture?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Lowes carries a product called Dense Armor. It is mold and moisture resistant. They sell it instead of greenboard.A little costly compared to drywall but it holds up well. I have left some scrap pieces out in rain and elements it holds up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts