Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a local CL add gotta love it

Fire/ water damage restoration company is looking for full time employees to work in the fire cleaning division. We need honest, dependable, hardworking people with a clean background and a good driving record.

Days and hours are generally Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. On rare occasion’s weekend and overtime hours are required.

Please send your resume and contact information for consideration

Comp 7.50 a hour I buy lunch twice a week

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
After getting no responses, the second ad might read like this: Wanted, laborer with all limbs. If you can dial the phone and call us, you will be hired.
I read it at the bottom of the FOX ticker 1 day that there will be 1,000,000 people coming off from unemployment on 1/1/10 alone...He will find someone.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
It sounds like like some of the eastern coastal contractors/manufacturers that paid cash daily for work about two or three days after working to make sure they showed or get fired for what they did a day ago. At least they did not have to pay the guys that went on a drunk/binge after getting one days pay in cash. - It fed the animal and perpetuated the process. They can't take away a free lunch.

If you did not show up, you did not get paid and you were done for. Most eventually went union to get support/cooperation for their lack of management.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
Food for thought......

7.50 per hour = what kind of potential employee will apply (and if hired represent your company)
Free lunch = no such thing..... always strings attached

But then again there may be some quality people out there more than happy to work for that kinda change....... If someone finds where they are hiding let me know. :blink:

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wait heres another one

I'm needing some post holes dug, Auger is suggested to reduce time and cost.
Ground is clay with rocks. (as with anywhere in this part of Tennessee.

Please email your quote to make about 6 holes.
Located about 5 miles north of the Knox county line.
Heiskell, TN
Between Knoxville, and Clinton.

Job Start date is November 26, 2009. (This Thursday)

If you are familer with a bidding process, this means the lowest bid gets the job.
Please include your company name if you have one.

I called this just for fun and was told there was a BID on the table for 8.00 a hole :eek: I asked if they were to furnishing there own tools and they "Ya the guys is going to rent a auger:blink:. I okay thanks, tired to hang up and was asked if I could BEAT THAT PRICE, I almost pissed my self laughing and they hung up. :laughing: Man times are bad but this is a little dee taa dee. I wonder if they will have you over for Thanksgiving while you there for free WOW

·
Registered
72 Posts
Food for thought......

7.50 per hour = what kind of potential employee will apply (and if hired represent your company)
Free lunch = no such thing..... always strings attached

But then again there may be some quality people out there more than happy to work for that kinda change....... If someone finds where they are hiding let me know. :blink:
They are all down here in Tx. :furious:

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
After getting no responses, the second ad might read like this: Wanted, laborer with all limbs. If you can dial the phone and call us, you will be hired.
The second one was: Wanted, obrero, con todos los miembros. Si usted puede marcar el teléfono y llamar a nosotros, se le contrató.

... does the Big Mac come with cheese?
No, you can only get something off the dollar menu.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
I am so glad that where I am at, there are not any of those kinda outfits to deal with. Except I have heard rumors of some outfit that will hang, tape, and finish drywall @ .80 sf. I haven't confirmed it yet to find out if they have trouble with english.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to do the drywall thing, but how can the guys that do compete with that.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
I am so glad that where I am at, there are not any of those kinda outfits to deal with. Except I have heard rumors of some outfit that will hang, tape, and finish drywall @ .80 sf. I haven't confirmed it yet to find out if they have trouble with english.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to do the drywall thing, but how can the guys that do compete with that.
does that .80 include them buying the sheetrock?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts