Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Looks pretty light duty. That would last long in our soils.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Interesting, went to the their website and watched the videos.

Don't know how well it would do around here. We either have lots of rocks, or fairly good soil with a few huge rocks here and there. But always seem to run into at least one huge mother in each trench in the good soil.

Never been able to figure out why these huge rocks are here. The good soil hardly has any small rocks at all and then these random huge rocks sitting there all by themselves.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Interesting, went to the their website and watched the videos.

Don't know how well it would do around here. We either have lots of rocks, or fairly good soil with a few huge rocks here and there. But always seem to run into at least one huge mother in each trench in the good soil.

Never been able to figure out why these huge rocks are here. The good soil hardly has any small rocks at all and then these random huge rocks sitting there all by themselves.
Maybe the flood of Noah's day:thumbsup: They have found complete trees petrified standing up, so a random rock in lots of dirt isn't all that improbable...lol. We have the same thing here. Tons of clay and then one or two big mother's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that is pretty cool.

ive got idead os building one for our 580 now. we do lots of trenchs that grade up from 4ft.

thanks for shareing

·
Registered dumb ass
11 Posts
thats pretty cool, ive actualy been thinking of fabing a pick type of attachment for my hoe thats 4 feet tall and 4" wide for trenching water lines (meter to house) but i've never done it for lack of a good way to backfill a 4" wide trench with native...

·
Registered
408 Posts
thats pretty cool, ive actualy been thinking of fabing a pick type of attachment for my hoe thats 4 feet tall and 4" wide for trenching water lines (meter to house) but i've never done it for lack of a good way to backfill a 4" wide trench with native...
One Company I worked for had a set up similar. We usually ran it on a pc300 or pc400. It was great for running from the main to the end of the services. It had its up side, and down side. It was great if we had fills to make in an area. It was a pain if the sewer crew ran those services before an area was cut to grade. It never failed that the dirt crew would pull on service out of every 80. This was more the fault of the office pushing production even if an area was not ready for services.

·
Registered
171 Posts
that is pretty cool looking. i have tried to get something like this in a regular bucket. the bucket company said a narrow high cap bucket was like shooting yourself in the foot because the cutting edge got so far away from the stick it lost its mechanical advantage. its lever arm became so long the cylinder couldn't create the breakout force.

anyway, i very interested in the looks of this thing.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
I bet that you would have a hard time with dirt sticking in the bucket. Seems it would be working against you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts