Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Been around
1,151 Posts
I had one of my guys clear a jam that way once too.

Very similar results.

You're definitely a good sport to post this little episode :clap:

And.....sorry for your pain

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i still am in aw of how stupid that was... i dont even know how it happened... i know better than to do that, what was i thinking? just dumb....:hammer:

·
Registered
Custom
13,012 Posts
Trying to figure out how your hand got in front of the gun in that position... :eek:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Am I understanding right that you actually tested it on your hand on purpose?

Well everyone has done stupid stuff, you just didn't get away with it! That must hurt like hell, I hope theres no longstanding injury to your hand.

·
Registered
Remodel
28,649 Posts
You won't be wiping your butt with that hand for a while:laughing:

I'm still trying to figure out the X-ray - were they not sure there was a nail stuck in your hand?

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
You won't be wiping your butt with that hand for a while:laughing:

I'm still trying to figure out the X-ray - were they not sure there was a nail stuck in your hand?
They do that to make sure it didn't brake anything, and to make sure you didn't hit anything important. Ask me how I know :laughing:

I've shot myself twice this year, but with finish nailers, it hooks you :eek:

One of my guys a few years ago shot through two fingers right into a top plate. I cut the wall out and took him to the er with the 2x6 still nailed to him.

·
Registered
368 Posts
We had a gun put a roofer into his calf this summer, luckily only 1 1/4". First nail gun accident, hopefully the last. I was about 3' from him when it happened, I think I was more terrified then he was hurt.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I put one in my leg last year...hit the meaty part by my knee. I was doing a tight little valley spot and I had a bostitch...I guess I had the trigger pressed when I moved and it went sideways in past the barbs...was more funny than anything else

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
We'll I'm glad to know I'm not the only one...and no! I didn't test it on my hand on purpose... Lol.. My lead kept saying it was jammed..and kept pressing the gun down pulling the trigger, saying "listen.. It's stuck". I said no, it sounds like it's not getting enough pressure", then I said, last job we used this compressor on we were shooting texture.. Did u turn the pressure back up? He said no, so I went over and cranked that Mf up as high as it would go.. And I dunno wtf happened..,BAM! I said "told you i could fix it!" And started laughing... My lead just looked at me and said "you got yourself?" I said yep. He said ok let's go. And off to the er we went.

It hurt for like 20 seconds then it went numb thank god. The numbing shot the dr gave me had me squealing like accidental anal sex tho! Lol :w00t: wow wtf did I say that outloud? I'm such a pig.

But most importantly at least I didn't break a nail.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
That'll feel good tomorrow... Cool pics. Fingernails threw me till I saw the girls name.

Wish we had smartphone cameras 15 years ago when I buried a 3" ring shanked galvy into my foot. I mean buried. The nail head was pulling the boot leather down into my foot. Nobody got a picture of it. At the hospital the nurse came in, took one look and asked me if I shot it in there with a nail gun. I said no, I beat it in there with a hammer...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:laughing: Oh the dumb crap people ask you.
Right?! I hate stupid questions. When ppl ask me "what are you doing"..and it's obvious what I'm doing... I Always respond "I'm climbing a tree".

You'd think that would make them realize what a stupid question that was...but no, it just confuses them more. :stupid:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I know how you feel or felt in this case.

For the first time in my life this year can say I got shot... Was shooting down some dormer flashing and the gun shot on it's own (honestly) and it shot right into the top of the first joint on my big toe. Had to take the hammer out of my belt to pull it. A framer saw it happen and said he worked the rest of the day when it happened to him so walked it off and kept on working. The next day couldn't walk! After a month or so it's still a little sore.

My father was roofing his own house last week shot himself for the first time in his life (in the foot on the side). This goes back to the 70's, tens of thousands of squares.

A new guy lifted up his pant leg the other day and showed me four scars from nails where he shot himself in the inner thigh. He used to set his gun down on his leg but after the last nail bottomed out he stopped doing that!

My Dad had a worker shooting step flashing shoot his two fingers together.

My brother has shot himself with both staple and nail guns. The worse was a 2in roofing nail out of a siding gun in the knee, it just about bottomed out...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts