1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I ordered one of those spring loaded nail sets last week when someone posted about it. I ordered it online from eBay at about 3:00 pm one afternoon. My USPS letter carrier delivered it at about 11:00 am the next morning. It actualy came from Amazon.com. I don't know how they did it.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
txgencon said:
I ordered one of those spring loaded nail sets last week when someone posted about it. I ordered it online from eBay at about 3:00 pm one afternoon. My USPS letter carrier delivered it at about 11:00 am the next morning. It actualy came from Amazon.com. I don't know how they did it.
See? That's exactly why we need drones. Waiting 20 hours for stuff is ridiculous. Who can wait that long?

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
txgencon said:
I ordered my grex pin nailer at 8:00 pm and it was at my door at 6:30 am the next morning. Kinda crazy...

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
I'll believe this when i see electric cars on the road......oh wait, damn...

they said as early as 2015.....cant imagine many making it to their destinations...how long could that battery last? are we to that point already?
... Do you guys think that Amazon hasn't looked at nearly every variable? In case you missed it, it will be limited to within 10 miles of a DC.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I would guess this would not be allowed for numerous reasons. Way too much liability for one. What stops it from landing on you or your kids, what stops it from dropping out the sky, what stops people from stealing them. $5-$7k worth of gear on one means its a high theft risk.

I noticed UPS are in on this as well so other areas can use this feature.

·
Registered
818 Posts
FAA won't allow it yet.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts