Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything good I said about DeWalt.

20v xrp brushless, gears just stripped on the low speed.

Drill is exactly one year old.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still have my 18 v dewalt that I dropped twenty feet onto concrete. A little loose in the handle but it still mixes mud etc...
They are heavy, the battery life is crap, but they work great and they work well in the cold.

I think the best cordless drill in history may very well be the DeWalt 18V.

·
I like Green things
23,073 Posts
if you want to talk durable, my old nicad Bosch stuff is still kicking hard.
My first festool drill, c 12 is over 6 years old and still works like the day I got it. One of the original nicad battery may only be about 85% compared to the nimh I picked up last year for it.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Chris Johnson said:
But they work and service is great
I used to be into Hilti big time in the UK about 15 years ago. Ever since my bad experience back then I have never bought anything Hilti but that foam gun and the foam gun ended up like all my other Hilti tools. In the trash.

I ain't had any experience over here with them to much. Did hire a core drill from the Hilti dealer once and that's my extent of using them in the US. Their service was crap in the UK and from my last call to them it seems they are crap here to.

As an example I broke my hose garage on my CT36AC and called festool. They got me one sent right out. No question except my address details and whilst I was on the phone remembered another couple bits I needed and it was a carvex base I snapped and a MFT3 table leg set. Both of which were also sent with no questions asked. that's why I buy their kit. I couldn't even get a $2 part for a $155 foam gun then basically got told there's nothing they can do a I should get an account and buy direct from them.

Like I said before piss poor service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts