Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im posting this because a couple people made some good points as far as a definite start date not given to me. now i've got a definite start date, october 5th. i know i got some criticism for the lack of work this guy has but my last boss isnt working either. i know quite a few contractors that are flat out not working. its rough where i live. the work is going to last through the winter so at least i know i got that, and if he falls through in the spring i can work for the landscaper again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Where in MA are you? What builder, if you don't mind me asking?

Also good luck, and stay busy I know I'm doing the best to keep busy.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
It always make me feel better to know a start date. Especially on a big job that'll take me through the winter. I've got a small maintenance contract on a kids summer camp that will help out, but its not much more than a lawn service. At least it'll cover the fuel bill while I scout out some more work.
Me no complain. Work is work.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It always make me feel better to know a start date. Especially on a big job that'll take me through the winter. I've got a small maintenance contract on a kids summer camp that will help out, but its not much more than a lawn service. At least it'll cover the fuel bill while I scout out some more work.
Me no complain. Work is work.:thumbsup:
yeah definitely, i hate tentative things. in any situation not just work, it always makes me feel uneasy about it. but he has a for sure date so i can rest easy. im hoping that the landscaper i work with gets a lot of clean ups, and i can do a lot of hours with builder. i wont have any more projects around the house by the end of september so i'd like to do 50-60 hours a week from october until january between the two jobs. it just is a bum out because this month is gonna be pretty much nothing.

·
ampman
783 Posts
an old saying -- a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush , good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts