Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning, I was loading up my truck to start a job I have for a real estate agent friend . A tenant really screwed up this place up with her dog. As I am about to pull out of my driveway, a young kid driving a Toyota low rider comes to a screaching halt in front of me blocking my way to the street. He missed my truck by a couple feet.

Kid: wanders up the driveway with his pants down to his ankles, and I see that he has ball bearings all over his lips. (freak show)

Me: Me....not knowing whats going on... and already opening the center console for my Ruger.

Kid: Yo dude......I heard you have some day work! No introduction what so ever.

Me: I don't know who told you that, but I'm a one man show. If I use anyone on my jobs, it's usually another small contractor friend.

Kid: Thats BS dude......I was told you always have work.

Me: You have a rain jacket with you? (I'm pizzed off by now)

Kid: Huh.......what for?

Me: To cover up your nasty azzed underwear........ carry your happy azz down the road "Mr. Fruity Looms".

Two hours later while cutting out some sub floor, I get a phone call. The agent who tossed this job at me was at the other end screaming at me for being rude to her son earlier in the morning and she wanted me to stop all work on the unit. I did as she asked, and went to another little side job. We texted back and forth for a couple hours. I'm taking her to breakfast in the morning with her son. Real estate agents can be a real pain some times.

Like Don Imas says: you just can't make this stuff up. :blink:

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Ef that. That kid went on your property. Sounds like he was rude first. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do but there should be no reason you owe her or her son an apology.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lol, f that. Mommy needs to teach him how to speak with adults. The face jewelry and all is getting pretty standard, but I would still be pretty picky especially if I had to work for home owners. Don't get me wrong, I've got tattoos on the bottom side of both forearms but all the face manipulation gets to me. Seeing someone with a hole in there ear big enough for my fist just drives me crazy.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Lucky you. Do you prefer a fork or a spoon?

Point out the obvious: the kid did that to embarrass her. She told him to ask you for work and he rustled up every bit of bad appearance and behavior to make sure it didn't happen. Teenager 101, even if he's 25.

Tell them he can start work for you as soon as he passes the drug test.

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
Regardless of how the kid acted, there are some red flags for me in this thread. You immediately formed a very strong impression of him before he even spoke a word. In your own words, "freak show", and you are reaching for a firearm thinking of deadly force. We only hear one side here, but this kid deserved at least a polite, "no thanks".

I do agree that your real estate friend stepped over a line by having her son show up at your door unannounced. A phone call or site visit would make more sense. I bet that the apple fell really close to the tree here. Probably why this agent is stuck dealing with crappy flips, and employing a lot of hacks.

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Regardless of how the kid acted, there are some red flags for me in this thread. You immediately formed a very strong impression of him before he even spoke a word. In your own words, "freak show", and you are reaching for a firearm thinking of deadly force. We only hear one side here, but this kid deserved at least a polite, "no thanks".

I do agree that your real estate friend stepped over a line by having her son show up at your door unannounced. A phone call or site visit would make more sense. I bet that the apple fell really close to the tree here. Probably why this agent is stuck dealing with crappy flips, and employing a lot of hacks.
And you follow suit with your own assumptions..... nice!:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
And you follow suit with your own assumptions..... nice!:thumbup:
Guilty as charged. I have only your prior posts to form my assumptions. You originally did not post about the type of neighborhood, so I bet that reaching for your gun has happened on many other occasions. Look, we are all guilty from time to time of judging others unfairly. Hopefully, at breakfast you can express your concerns to this young man that may help shape his future. No doubt that he is not ready to work in any meaningful way at this point in his life. Hope things go well for all of you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds like you're whoring yourself out and you'll be a whore until you find customers who appreciate you for who and what you are, not some cheap handyman working as their flunky.

Make real money and get away from real estate agents who are the lowest form of life on the planet.

P.S. the only good thing you got going for you is your Ruger

1 - 20 of 35 Posts