Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Bidding and then Billing on a New Construction home that is 3 Story and 3300SQ and I am Painting interior and exterior . How do I bill?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Save yourself some aggravation and ask the builder:
1. Do you have a job number you want me to reference on my bill?
2. By what day of the month does my bill need to be in to you?
3. Do you have a form you want my bill prepared on?
Also. make sure you send the builder an insurance certificate by the time you send in your bill.
If the builder says you can use your own form, and you don't have one, go to an office supply store and see if they've got something like this http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do..._info=SG_1_DV_12_CT_1201_SC_1201007_SK_194456

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got that!

I have that all done. I charge $1.95 per SQ Foot. and get a 45% draw to start, I am doing Interior and Exterior New Construction 3 Story. My Paint Bill for the Exterior alone is $1500.00 after paying my guys and the paint bill It seems I'm not billing right or something. When I get inside the Paint Bill will be around $2000.00. Do I charge 3300SQ x $1.95 or 6600SQ x $1.95 being that I'm doing the interior and Exterior. I dont want to get messed over and It probably sounds uneducated!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
CQPPainting said:
after paying my guys and the paint bill It seems I'm not billing right or something.
Does that mean "it seems like I ought to have more money left over"?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I'm curious - if you not exactly sure how to bill, how'd you decide on how much to charge?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Painting

I've been a painter for years. A total for 3300 sq ft is $6532 Paint is about $2500 and guys about $1500 It seems not right

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
I have that all done. I charge $1.95 per SQ Foot. and get a 45% draw to start, I am doing Interior and Exterior New Construction 3 Story. My Paint Bill for the Exterior alone is $1500.00 after paying my guys and the paint bill It seems I'm not billing right or something. When I get inside the Paint Bill will be around $2000.00. Do I charge 3300SQ x $1.95 or 6600SQ x $1.95 being that I'm doing the interior and Exterior. I dont want to get messed over and It probably sounds uneducated!
New construction? The bill for the exterior was $1500.00? So you first had to prime all the windows, gables, boxing, doors,etc... Then at least sand the windows, doors/casings, then caulk and putty all the trim. Then at least one coat finish? I get more than that for a repaint. How long did it take x number of men to complete the exterior?

3300 sq ft living space interior, prime all sheetrock, prime all trim, fix irregularities (nail pops) etc in sheetrock, sand walls and cielings, sand/caulk/putty all trim. Two coats finish on walls. Two coats finish on trim.
Punchlist. $2000.00 How long did it take x number of men to finish interior?

I've been a painter for years. A total for 3300 sq ft is $6532 Paint is about $2500 and guys about $1500 It seems not right
The $6532.00 includes matierials?? I haven't ventured into new work yet, though I have painted tons of new work for employers. I haven't ventured there yet because
A. I don't have the resources being a new start up.
B. There's more to be made in repaints.
C. I haven't figured out how to price them.

But I can say that $6532.00 for the interior/exterior of a new home seems not right
Interesting thread, I can learn alot in this area and hope this thread continues.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh my God I have just found the perfect sub for my business. Why do I need 13 guys when I can call this guy?? Please tell me your numbers are not correct. $2500 in paint...must come in Gold Leafed cans. 3500 sq ft new construction has got to be over $10,000 at least! And that is just the inside.. 3 stories outside- my God, I would not go near that for anything under $6,000. The builder is :cheesygri all the way to the bank on that project. If you have not started it--RUN and don't look back.
Just my .00000000000002 cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts