Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There used to be a QB add on called "Quickbooks Easy Estimate". It seems to have been discontinued. It was a cool product. I'm looking for something that will make the columns in an Estimate behave more like a spreadsheet. I want to be able to specify what each column does by using a formula of my choice. The default functionality in the Estimate columns is very primitive.

For each of my items I create custom fields such as "Rough Labor Units" and "Finish Labor Units". I need the columns to interact like a spreadsheet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Right now I just discovered a product called "FormCalc" by Flagship technologies, it looks promising...

·
Mickey
105 Posts
Quickbooks Pro has an estimating template, you specify what columns you need then it acts pretty much as the invoice template does. One cool thing about it is that you can turn the estimate into an invoice if you need to. Not sure if that would do what you are asking though.

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
Easy Estimate is discontinued

I watched as Easy Estimate was released and knew it would be a short time before they abandoned it. Intuit at the time was always focused on bringing contractors directly to an Balance Sheet and Income Statement. While you may not have seen it becuase your focus was on the estimate, it was slowly dragging you into invoicing which would then force you to financial documents. Intuit then sold out of the construction industry and with that let go of Easy Estimate. What bothered me was that anyone would think that just an estimate allows anyone to run a business. I am glad I watched this progress becuase it was one of those educations that taught me how to expand the 101 Basics of a contracting business to include Estimating, Scheduling, Invoicing, Purchasing and Collections. Sure, each of these can be expanded or possibly worked around as a manual task, but having these 5 key elements working in harmony will great enhance your efficiencies and profits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts