Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 120/12000v 30 ma tf runing some neon and it did nt work. so i check amps 3.6 its running but it aint working i cant check thew lamps because of some bushes, it is two stories up.

BUT there, on the side of the tf is .... a----- RED BUTTON! --- so you know what that means im in a tight attic with my hand in a 12000v tf box- i gotta push the red button! hell you never know it might be a cure for cancer or someting. i push the red button and it works! on the side of the red button is three lights - red yellow green. these lights and red button are installed at the factory no directions- destroyed by heat. except for "30 min" wrote next to the red button. what is the purpose of the red button and the three lights?i got a few ideas but im not sure. anybody? :confused: :)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Just a guess, I think that the tf is going. The red button is probably a CB and 30 min. is the cool down time.
Don't worry about the Vt's., A's is what kills ya. I once built a 1MV Tesla coil for fun at Halloween, sucker threw trailers 6-8 ft. in the air and I'm still here. Maybe not quite right, but still here.

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
Don't know nothing about neon except the pretty beer signs!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
jb, pretty much identical to flourescents but more colorful.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx. yeah i took a hit holding on to both electrodes on a 15000v, it hurt so bad i still felt it a week later.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
We were working on an old Crown Victoria once, ign system was 85000V, and the guy holding a plug lead grounded out against the fender through his zipper. He made a heck of a racket!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Teetorbilt said:
We were working on an old Crown Victoria once, ign system was 85000V, and the guy holding a plug lead grounded out against the fender through his zipper. He made a heck of a racket!
oh my gosh, are you serious? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts